Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
They only had turkey spam at the grocery store today. So I bought a can.

Reactions: grubworm

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
its not bad. we took the boys camping in north arkansas for thanksgiving and to be funny, i got the turkey SPAM and cooked it up with stove top stuffing and cranberry and it was pretty good.

I'm liking that idea. I'll have to look for a box of stuffing. Thanks!

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Ohoooo, now you got me think'in… I've got a panini press I haven't used in a while. A turkey SPAM and brie cheese panini with cranberry spread, a little Dijon mustard and some fresh spinach on country style bread sounds real good right about now.
turkey-cran-panini1.jpg

Last edited:

Alain M

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Saint-Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
First Name
Alain
Last Name
Messier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HUA
I like the Turkey Spam, and the hickory wood too :-) I can't find the photo but my favorite is to put a slice on my long fork and roast it over the bonfire.

Little known fact: Anything roasted over a bonfire becomes non-toxic, so as Spam (disclaimer, this is BS but I want to believe it so bad!)

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
So I cooked the turkey spam for dinner the other night for my wife, 20-yr old daughter, and me. Also made stove-top stuffing, gravy, and had cranberry sauce. My daughter refused to eat the spam (damn college kids - you try to raise them right and then they go off to college and come home with crazy ideas), and my wife had a little of it. We had a little spam left over, so I'm using it for my morning breakfast.

I was a little disappointed in the turkey spam flavor. It tasted like... spam. Not that I don't like the flavor of spam, but I was expecting a little something more... I dunno… turkey flavored?

I was at Costco today; they're out of spam (was posted on a sign outside the entrance). Who would have thought a month ago that you couldn't get spam? Crazy times.

Good thing I've got a few cans stashed in the basement.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
While I still have a few cans of Spam stashed away, I’ve been experimenting with an alternate. These guys go on sale periodically at CVS for $2.50. The texture is not the same one for one, but In a recipe as a replacement they do pretty good.

0F2541E9-2BA9-46D4-8E04-DA4BA1B382DE.jpeg

Alain M

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Saint-Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
First Name
Alain
Last Name
Messier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HUA

Tripin75

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS= WRFG207
I have always been a SPAM original snob, but with grocery shelves having limited stocked these days I tried Hickory Smoked. Not bad. It tasted like SPAM. There was teriyaki on the shelves, but I could not convince myself to try it. Does it have a heavy teriyaki flavor or does it also just taste like SPAM? Bacon SPAM? Is that bacon wrapped SPAM or bacon flavored SPAM?

Reactions: 9Mike2 and grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I have always been a SPAM original snob, but with grocery shelves having limited stocked these days I tried Hickory Smoked. Not bad. It tasted like SPAM. There was teriyaki on the shelves, but I could not convince myself to try it. Does it have a heavy teriyaki flavor or does it also just taste like SPAM? Bacon SPAM? Is that bacon wrapped SPAM or bacon flavored SPAM?
the teriyaki flavor is one of my favs. i was skeptical but got it to try and ended up loving it. out camping i'll fry it up and cut into pieces and then simmer with a small can of crushed pineapple and then serve over minute rice. i'll also use that flavor to mix with stir fry veggies and serve on rice or ramien noodles. i couldnt tell a big difference in the bacon SPAM...i cut it thin and fried it and made an egg sandwich for breakfast...thought it pretty good. one of my favorite breakfasts is fried spam pieces mixed with rice and scrambled egg. that exact dish was HUGE in hawaii when i was stationed there and even the McDonalds on oahu served that on their breakfast menu

Tripin75

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS= WRFG207
the teriyaki flavor is one of my favs. i was skeptical but got it to try and ended up loving it. out camping i'll fry it up and cut into pieces and then simmer with a small can of crushed pineapple and then serve over minute rice. i'll also use that flavor to mix with stir fry veggies and serve on rice or ramien noodles. i couldnt tell a big difference in the bacon SPAM...i cut it thin and fried it and made an egg sandwich for breakfast...thought it pretty good
I will pick up a can of Teriyaki SPAM next time and try it. Adding crushed pineapple sounds like a winner.

Reactions: grubworm