louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Don’t forget the drone footage and background music.
Awesome idea. Flight of the Valkyries playing in the background, screen fades from black and goes into a 360 degree aerial shot of a camp stove with an empty can of SPAM and some egg shells next to it and a guy in BDUs and calvary hat with no shirt on holding a spatula saying "I love the smell of SPAM in the morning".

Francis Ford Coppola would have to hold back a tear on that intro...:grinning:

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Awesome idea. Flight of the Valkyries playing in the background, screen fades from black and goes into a 360 degree aerial shot of a camp stove with an empty can of SPAM and some egg shells next to it and a guy in BDUs and calvary hat with no shirt on holding a spatula saying "I love the smell of SPAM in the morning".

Francis Ford Coppola would have to hold back a tear on that intro...:grinning:
That would be awesome! Lol. I’m getting ready for a weekend trip, I have everything except the drone.

Reactions: grubworm

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
In my area SPAM was one of the first canned meats to disappear. Lots of tuna left on the shelves though.
The tuna shelf was completely full in my local Wal Mart. Weird. Same thing most of the spam was gone except the single slice spam packs.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
The tuna shelf was completely full in my local Wal Mart. Weird. Same thing most of the spam was gone except the single slice spam packs.
i just went into town and checked sams and the dollar general and family dollar stores....NO SPAM! but yeah, even sams had a boat load of canned tuna. sams had a pallet of spam and it is gone now! i'm afraid that once these people pop open a can and discover its AWESOMENESS...it is going to be hard to get later on. but what is the deal with nobody touching tuna??? i thought everyone loved tuna. i don't know anymore...this is no longer the world i once knew.... :confused:

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Damn, having the same problem here in So Cal... As of yesterday, spam is MIA in all my local stores, even Costco & Walmart :disrelieved:. Luckily, I have enough on hand to get me through the next several weeks.

It kinda makes me wonder how many people will be discovering it for the first time, as I recently did? This thread, as popular as it is, might just become the most popular thread on this forum :tonguewink:

Last edited:

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
SPAM is so much more versatile. It can be prepared in so many different ways, having a different flavor profile in every dish. Tuna fish is just tuna fish.
Tuna comes in the single serve package in so many flavors now you can use it to do all kinds of stuff.

Reactions: 9Mike2

smarthead

Rank 0

Contributor I

KS
First Name
Donny
Last Name
Keens
Also a fan of spam musubi I think it is better with spam and toast! But I add broccoli with my spam now..just making sure I have enough vitamins for this new virus!

Reactions: 9Mike2 and grubworm

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Well, I should have picked up a few cans of Spam while I was there the other day.

I texted wife to pick up a few cans while on her lunch break. When she returned home from work, she told me there was no Spam to be found. She did get 10 cans of Vienna Sausage. Thumbup1.gif

• Angry
Reactions: Motoboss and M Rose

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Well, I should have picked up a few cans of Spam while I was there the other day.

I texted wife to pick up a few cans while on her lunch break. When she returned home from work, she told me there was no Spam to be found. She did get 10 cans of Vienna Sausage. View attachment 145466
The mutt and I have been snacking on Vienna Sausage more and more recently. Absolutely his favorite snack!

I'm headed out this afternoon to the Mart on a Spam hunt, I'm hopefull.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
The mutt and I have been snacking on Vienna Sausage more and more recently. Absolutely his favorite snack!

I'm headed out this afternoon to the Mart on a Spam hunt, I'm hopefull.
the SPAM got hit hard here, but i did manage to find some of the flavored SPAM that i guess people don't like. teriyaki and jalapeno are my favs and as luck would have it, those were the few remaining! ive done my share of vienna sausage and potted meat. something about vienna sausage, crackers and a beer while fishing in a boat just seems so....right! :grinning:

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Damn, I can just see it now... Once this virus thing is over & things get back to normal (or, the new normal), and with all the new people getting introduced to SPAM, it will be selling for $9 a can!!!

• Sad
Reactions: grubworm