Greensboro NC
First Name
Sid
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
working on it
The optics and timing is not good in light of Dicks/Walmart/Amazon/you name it all moving in lock step becoming anti 2A...it will be not forgotten when they decide to come back into the game if what you're saying is true...

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Colt stopping sale of AR15... GO BROKE!!!...there's plenty of better competitors our there...

Fake news, Colt is suspending production to the civilian market to free up manufacturing resources to fill government contracts.

And the dipshit from RSR that leaked the email that started this debacle is unemployed.

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
What am I missing in the article? Saturated market so redirecting production. As I said above it would be a poor business strategy to produce something that’s not selling. No mater what the perception might be I think they are clearly stating the reasons why.
Colt has not had the sales numbers like they had in the last century. My first AR was a Colt because all you could find was Colt or Bushmaster. Everyone since has been a parts rifle, Odin Works, Anderson, even a Plumcrazy (light pistol build). Sales are up 20% in the last month because of the political rhetoric.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Colt recognizes their position in the consumer market and is adjusting production accordingly.

It really is as simple as that.

$400 will buy/build an AR and that fits the budget of a huge segment of the AR market (who will do nothing more than post pics of it on the internet and maybe run a couple magazines worth of ammo through it)

Mall Ninja AR's (and by proxy mall ninja operators) exist in epidemic proportions compared to mall crawler Jeeps.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
7.62 AR weight starts around 7.7 pounds and will shoot under 1 Moa check out Christensen Arms CA-G10
My Armalite 7.62 carbine is a bit under that weight, but my long range Noveske with a 21" barrell, scope, prs, is more like 14lbs.

I got a 5.56 build down to 4 lbs with a Plum Crazy lower and pistol configuration.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
My Armalite 7.62 carbine is a bit under that weight, but my long range Noveske with a 21" barrell, scope, prs, is more like 14lbs.

I got a 5.56 build down to 4 lbs with a Plum Crazy lower and pistol configuration.
damn...that is pretty sweet!

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Thanks, The Noveske spits those 308's pretty darn accurately. I haven't built anything in about three years, I'm sure there is a bunch of new cool gear I have not seen. Building AR's can get to be a habit. I still want a .45acp AR pistol.

Reactions: Ghost

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Thanks, The Noveske spits those 308's pretty darn accurately. I haven't built anything in about three years, I'm sure there is a bunch of new cool gear I have not seen. Building AR's can get to be a habit. I still want a .45acp AR pistol.
Suppressed .45 is insane. Been considering the B&T 45acp for just that purpose but the price tag & new WA Laws made me hit the skids on any new purchases.

As for the the .308 I’ve dabbled in it a bit.
A1358AB3-5A2A-407C-8FF6-2D5049CF763D.jpeg

Reactions: madcratebuilder