Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Has anyone traveled to Canada with a firearm. I'm planning an epic trip to Canada this summer and want to take a shotgun because we will be in bear country...any advice or experiences would be helpful...

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Reactions: jscusmcvet

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

I carry an Hk P30L or Hk45c every day and I keep an AR in the truck on Trips. My wife also carries. We leave the NFA items at home.
When Traveling throughout NC I have my AR BPM-15 & Glock 19 9mm secured in my trunk area> I also carry a small .380 its for peace of mind. Also if we encounter an area that we can legally shoot some practice targets we will but, only after we have confirmed the area we are shooting at is safe, not private property unless we have permission or its an already established gun range.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

My carry is a glock 19. If I need something more it will be this... BCM Jack Carbine.

My Custom AR BPM-15 Barnes Precision Machine manufactured out of Apex NC American made. I had the handguard custom made with Soldiers names who died I knew during my Military career. Along with that are my 2 unit patches also etched into the hand guard. Just about everything else is also custom or engraved.

Tactical Gun Parts Red Anodized AR-15 2PC Oversized Magazine Extended Release Button Add your Custom Text or Logo. .223 Wylde 5.56 NATO 249th QM Co
The Laser's Edge AR-15 Custom Engraved KNS Non-Rotating Pins - "We The People"
Cross Armory SAFE MAG – MIL-SPEC AR15/M4 only
Survivor Systems Professional Collapsible Stock ( Black )
Retractable Tactical Foregrip + Bipod / 2" Picatinny Rail Section for KEYMOD Handguard
Tactical Gun Parts AR-15 Three Percenter takedown and pivot pin set Red
Strike Industries Red Billet Aluminum Magazine Release Button +Mag Catch
Strike Industries Forward Assist Red
Tactical Expressions AR-15 Charging Handle - 2nd Amendment - Red with Extended Latch
Magpul Industries B.A.D. Lever MPIMAG980 Mag980 Finish: Black
AR-15 Custom Dust Cover - Premium Laser Engraved Inside & Outside
Tactical Gun Parts Red Anodized AR-15 OVERSIZED TRIGGER GUARD CUSTOM ENGRAVED " Psalm 144:1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."
Strike Industries Red Enhanced Buffer Tube Custom Engraved "Locked In Tight"
AXEON SECOND ZERO RAIL MOUNT SMALL (SZ-R320A)
MagnetoSpeed's 3 Round Mini Mag Tactical Pistol Grip w/ Finger Bump
Strike Industries AR Receiver Enhanced Castle Nut with Extended QD Endplate, Red SI-AR-ECN&EEP-RED
Strike Selector Lever Ambi Switch - Red
Unique AR's Picatinny Tac Rail Length 11.5 Anodize Black/Armor Black H-190
Unique AR's Heat Shield Mid-Length 16" Mid-Length gas tube 12 ( actual length 11.815"+/-)USMC Red
Whole heat shield one color (end cap black only)
SightMark XT-3 Tactical Magnifier w/ LQD Flip to Side Mount, Black SM19062
Sightmark Ultra Shot M-Spec LQD Reflex Sight NV
Unique AR’s Custom Handrail
Barnes Precision Machine BPM-15 AR Rifle .223 Wylde 5.56 NATO
My carry is a glock 19. If I need something more it will be this... BCM Jack Carbine.

AR15 BPM 1.jpg

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Just got two of these for a couple of builds. My complete rifle is a rock river arms 16” operator. Gonna build a 5.56 pistol and a 300 aac. IMG_4897.JPG. Excited to build one. Putting a bcm trigger group in both prolly go with bravo uppers too

Reactions: PatriotT4R

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Just got two of these for a couple of builds. My complete rifle is a rock river arms 16” operator. Gonna build a 5.56 pistol and a 300 aac. View attachment 83573. Excited to build one. Putting a bcm trigger group in both prolly go with bravo uppers too
Never seen a lower quite like that "SNEK"? I see the selector lever options are a bit different really unusual but very cool! Is this going to be fully custom? Any idea what your going to use for a trigger guard, mag catch & release? I would like to see the build progress if you do not mind posting updates?

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Never seen a lower quite like that "SNEK"? I see the selector lever options are a bit different really unusual but very cool! Is this going to be fully custom? Any idea what your going to use for a trigger guard, mag catch & release? I would like to see the build progress if you do not mind posting updates?
Yeah I thought it was a neat lower. Its a “Dont tread on me” lower... dont step on the snake or it’ll bite you concept. I am gonna use a bravo company manufacturing enhanced trigger and bcm furniture for both. The upper build is kinda up in the air. Want todo 8.5 barrel on the 300 black out and a 11.5 on the 5.56. Ill for sure post the build as it comes along. I am excited to build one. Have alot of research todo. I kinda know what I dislike and what want for them being around the platform enough.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Yeah I thought it was a neat lower. Its a “Dont tread on me” lower... dont step on the snake or it’ll bite you concept. I am gonna use a bravo company manufacturing enhanced trigger and bcm furniture for both. The upper build is kinda up in the air. Want todo 8.5 barrel on the 300 black out and a 11.5 on the 5.56. Ill for sure post the build as it comes along. I am excited to build one. Have alot of research todo. I kinda know what I dislike and what want for them being around the platform enough.
I see The Gadsden ... Cool theme concept ... I saw a Handguard w/ this particular theme not to long ago the design was sort of a 3D embossed very unique very cool!!

http://www.cooltubz.com/home-page-articles-cooltubz-ar-15-free-float-handguards/dont-tread-on-me-3d-ar-15-free-float-handguards

Reactions: Roam_CO85

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I see The Gadsden ... Cool theme concept ... I saw a Handguard w/ this particular theme not to long ago the design was sort of a 3D embossed very unique very cool!!

http://www.cooltubz.com/home-page-articles-cooltubz-ar-15-free-float-handguards/dont-tread-on-me-3d-ar-15-free-float-handguards
There are some guys that bought the lower from PSA that color filled the milled designs. I am gonna leave mine blacked out. Not really a fan of flashy weapons. The rifle you build looks pretty steller!

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

There are some guys that bought the lower from PSA that color filled the milled designs. I am gonna leave mine blacked out. Not really a fan of flashy weapons. The rifle you build looks pretty steller!
I wanted the same color scheme as my 4Runner Red & Black ... you know how it is "Dress right Dress"!! My rifle is a tribute to my 3 buddies 1 KIA Iraq 2 KIA Afghanistan it is flashy but, fires like a dream. I'm considering changing out the trigger out for a Franklin Armory Binary Firing System III .Maybe its a little overkill but, it works for me.

Reactions: Roam_CO85

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I wanted the same color scheme as my 4Runner Red & Black ... you know how it is "Dress right Dress"!! My rifle is a tribute to my 3 buddies 1 KIA Iraq 2 KIA Afghanistan it is flashy but, fires like a dream. I'm considering changing out the trigger out for a Franklin Armory Binary Firing System III .Maybe its a little overkill but, it works for me.
Amazing way to show your tribute to three guys that paid the ultimate price. Its hard to tribute those fella when they are missed so much! Yeah I like the black and red! Those fire groups are pretty wicked. I am gonna do one of these lowers in a 300 blackout so I can suppress it. Think that would be the best thing sense pockets on a shirt!

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I usually only carry a handgun (two in the rig). I have an Idaho ECCW which is good in almost all the states I like to travel in. I usually keep an FNP-45 in the rig and a Ruger LCP or Kahr PM9 on my person. If I carry a long gun, it's almost always a 10-22.

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I've updated mine from when I just carried a SOG folder. I still carry the folder in my Jeep, but I also carry an XD Mod 2, as well as having an ESEE 4 (used for other things as well). Obviously following local laws for when I'm in a different state.

billiardspintail

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Jose, CA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
McNab
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GNT
I usually carry my RIA 1911, with a shoulder holster (M7). For long guns, I've had my Remington Model 8 with me, but that's in the process of being sold, so my MAS 49/56 will replace it. If I want to have some (legal, safe) fun, my older guns come out. I have a musket and an 1878 Swiss bolt-action repeater that are lot's of fun to shoot.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

So here is one of the lower updates. The kak shockwave pistol brace isnt going to stay on, its just on there to retain the buffer retainer. Ill have a pdw sb brace on it when its done. Gonna do a ballistics advantage 12.5in 5.56 IMG_5031.JPGbarrel on it. But the trigger group is BCM enhanced trigger. Lower was fun tell you get into the bolt catch. Thats a little troubling feeling driving a roll pin next to a unmarked lower.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Looks like your lower is coming along nicely. So you plan on swapping out to a SB Tactical base. Never tried a that approach before, interesting. What is that bar on the SB that extends across the lower is that connected?

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I like the sb brace alot more cus it’s adjustable ive got one on a cheaper pistol that i have. IMG_4502.JPG. Its attacted but it is the adjustable part a button you press will release it to get to the buffer tube. Or if youve gotta morter the 5.56

Last edited:

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

I like the sb brace alot more cus it’s adjustable ive got one on a cheaper pistol that i have. View attachment 85058. Its attacted but it is the adjustable part a botton you press will release it to get to the buffer tube. Or if youve gotta morter the 5.56
So the stock end plate is replaced with the new brace which now the castle nut is pushed farther back over to secure the buffer tube. When you adjust the stock length the bars stay stationary?

Reactions: Trusty JK