Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Well i dont know then, they can figure it out. All i know is after the dealership oil change this happened and the only thing ive screwed with electrically is wiring the led light 12v to the trailer brake light fuse acc on, grounded at the chassis on the radiator crossmember where it says accessory ground next to ground bolt, the lights worked just fine, i figured though maybe i messed it up but i see no reason the trailer brake light wiring would be on circuit a of the pcm which is where that code says the problem is which should be the trottle pedal, fuel pressure sensor, oil pressure sensor and ac clutch

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Have you reset (cleared) the codes? If so, did they return?

Sounds like you did a correct wire job, grd at the core support and all. Did you use a relay?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Haven't reset anything since it is scheduled to be at dealership tomorrow, i want them to see it . Yep the led harness had a relay wired in

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

I fitted my precisionled internal lights last night.. what a change. I can now see in the cabin.

I would advise to take time and search amazon. For the same price I paid for the precisionled package I could have upgraded all my lights including reverse etc. And had many spare.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
It can be challenging to stay on top of the latest LED technology. They have had major improvements and price reductions in the past two years.

I'm finding that mounting height of your bar/pod can have a big effect on the amount of usable light.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

New update: chevrolet can't find what is causing the fault code so im going to pick up my truck which was never fixed by them, they have 3 more chances to fix this before it gets filed under texas lemon law. If there continues to be problems i will be looking into swapping the engine for a 4cyl cummins out of a forklift.

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

It can be challenging to stay on top of the latest LED technology. They have had major improvements and price reductions in the past two years.

I'm finding that mounting height of your bar/pod can have a big effect on the amount of usable light.
This is smoothing I figured out years ago through living in different conditions.
The height of the lights and their effects work likes this,

Fog, dust, snow or air contaminates - lights as low as possible below eye level - fog lights height is the most effective.
You can see the effectiveness of this during heavy contamination. Headlight with full beam reflecting causes a blinding affect.

Long distance reflection - Normal driving height bumper - because light generally travels in straight lines when it reflects off of objects it will reflect back and slightly upwards from deer, signs and objects - Spot lights at bumper height.

Flooding of an area - lights as high as possible and away from reflective surfaces - shrouds should be installed to block light from flood lights from reflecting off of vehicle bonnet - because of day cells and night rods in the eyes it takes 35 minutes for eyes to fully adjust back to darkness. So any reflective surfaces that cause your eyes to react to light surfaces close to you will effect your long distance light vision - keeping fog lights from reflecting on local object helps more - spot lights above the vehicle is less affective than mid level, but may be needed due to obstacles.

DslDad13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Goodlettsville, TN, USA
Member #

I just saw some traveller brand 6” round 4led lights... 2 for $89
2660 lumen and a light beam of 1207 feet.

Haven’t been able to find them online yet and amazon does not carry them, I guess it’s a TSC brand.

Also, my trooper had the ever so crappy 9004 headlight bulbs that I replaced about 2 months ago with 9004 leds off amazon, around $60 and wow.... I can see everything, I have had to readjust my beam from the stock position because I kept getting flashed by small cars, but at least I can see now.

I didn’t want to deal with the small wiring of the headlights so I ran new wires to relays and then to my lights, 3 relays, hi beam, low beam and one for my spots which are also wired into the hi beam circuit, now I don’t have to worry about possibly overheating something on a 17 yr old vehicle.

Last edited:

DslDad13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Goodlettsville, TN, USA
Member #

The new led bulbs on amazon that I looked at have built in resistors for headlights, but other led lights such as turn signal and whatnot probably still need resistors

DslDad13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Goodlettsville, TN, USA
Member #

Boostpowered.... the code that you have is “sensor reference voltage “A” circuit open”
It has to do with auto trans, transfer case or differential.
It’s possible that when you had your service done, a sensor may have been unplugged to move a wire out of the way, could have debris in connector or just not plugged back up correctly.
Also the new vehicles use a lot of waterpack plugs to keep moisture out but no longer have any type of electrical grease on them, meaning that with temp changes moisture will cause a slight corrosion on the pin-outs, maybe check connections on the 4 locations and add some Vaseline.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Boostpowered.... the code that you have is “sensor reference voltage “A” circuit open”
It has to do with auto trans, transfer case or differential.
It’s possible that when you had your service done, a sensor may have been unplugged to move a wire out of the way, could have debris in connector or just not plugged back up correctly.
Also the new vehicles use a lot of waterpack plugs to keep moisture out but no longer have any type of electrical grease on them, meaning that with temp changes moisture will cause a slight corrosion on the pin-outs, maybe check connections on the 4 locations and add some Vaseline.
i figured it out it wasnt any of that the problem was that i had air in the water seperator/fuel filter from when i uesed the big rig diesel pump while offroading in oklahoma, those pumps flow way too much for my little tank. I figured out it was air when i drained the fuel from the seperator and re primed it the light went out. Ive had a lot of people think they know what that code means based on internet search but its all wrong to really read a code for specific models you need the technical service manual. P0641 circuit a in diesel colorados controls maf, oil pressure, fuel tank pressure, throtte position sensor and the ac clutch sensor for anyone who may throw this code in the future

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Curious about the ZR2 hood if the black middle cowl (for lack of a better word) would reduce light reflection from a roof rack mounted light bar...

https://goo.gl/images/ht7j9W

The matt black does help, I have a 42" led bar on the front of my roof rack. It's about 4" back from the top edge of the windshield. I get some glare from the roof bar, it's not really bad but it is noticeable. My roof bar is a combination spot/flood, this could be part of the glare issue.

4WP had a sale on Baja Squadron combo's so I ordered a set. Cali Raised ditch brackets for mounting. Should have them running the end of the week. If these Baja lights turn out to be substantially brighter than the imports I already have up front I may replace the lot of them with Baja's.