Large Capacity LiFePO4 battery banks on your rig... anyone?

• HTML tutorial

Ta2Doc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, KY, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Robinette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RRX
Is anyone out there running a large capacity LiFePO4 (lithium iron phosphate) battery bank? By "large", I mean, larger than 400 Ah. Its a bonus if your bank is easily transportable/removable! I'm interested in your experiences, mounting and wiring solutions.
Sort of a long story, but the short version is I'm building a bank that is to be used both mobile and stationary at an off-grid habitat.

Thx!
~doc

Reactions: andie42

MVO

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Johns Creek, GA
First Name
Malcolm
Last Name
O’Hara
Member #

Have you checked out Will Prowse on Youtube or his other media? Enjoy the new habitat.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Ta2Doc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, KY, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Robinette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RRX
that's an awesome channel... I hadn't seen it before. I appreciate the redirect! That will be my weekend entertainment. I found a great deal on Fortune 100Ah cells hybrid car cells. Have 48 of them on the way. Once I get this 300lb behemoth built, I'll post up pics. Probably going to split it into two 150lb banks.

Ta2Doc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, KY, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Robinette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RRX
Will be used for both the mobile rig as well as providing the battery bank for my off grid cabin. First few years of my retirement will be living off the back of the rig and in the cabin, so it's not an occasional-use scenario.

Mountain Goat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ipswich QLD, Australia
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
BOORER
Member #

Will be used for both the mobile rig as well as providing the battery bank for my off grid cabin. First few years of my retirement will be living off the back of the rig and in the cabin, so it's not an occasional-use scenario.
Cool sounds great

andie42

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Tremonton, Utah, United States
First Name
Andie
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Is anyone out there running a large capacity LiFePO4 (lithium iron phosphate) battery bank? By "large", I mean, larger than 400 Ah. Its a bonus if your bank is easily transportable/removable! I'm interested in your experiences, mounting and wiring solutions.
Sort of a long story, but the short version is I'm building a bank that is to be used both mobile and stationary at an off-grid habitat.

Thx!
~doc

How did this end up working out for you?! We bought a RedArc system and want to hook it up to 200-300 Amh battery.

Reactions: REDARC_Ryan

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Oh wow that's some big numbers you are dealing with, how much amps are you planning for the balancing and protecting circuit? With this size a 4s configuration isn't ideal.

andie42

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Tremonton, Utah, United States
First Name
Andie
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Reactions: REDARC_Ryan

REDARC_Ryan

Rank III

Advocate I

Puyallup, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Thurston
How did this end up working out for you?! We bought a RedArc system and want to hook it up to 200-300 Amh battery.
What vehicle are you looking to outfit? I may be able to help with that..
Shoot me an email rthurston@redarcelectronics.com
We are installing the RedArc Manger 30 kit on a 2020 Jeep Gladiator. We decided to start with one 100amh battery. We will probably add a second one later on.

Awesome! That’s a great choice to give you a full picture of your power management. If you post pictures on social media tag us, we love to see our products in the wild.

Also if you’re on Instagram, check out @OverlandPioneers Gladiator with our RedVision/Manager 30 kit and BCDC in his trailer for some more ideas

Reactions: andie42