Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
63734866177__FCD035F7-5F0D-4D10-BC41-8A916A4DCFED.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

Just picked up a 2011 LR4 for the wife. I have been wanting a Rover for forever. Now i just have to see how far I can push the wife into letting me mod it as it's supposed to be her kid hauler after all, lol...

I knew there was a lack of wheel options for these trucks, but I am still so surprised that there are only 2-3 options for 18" wheels...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
View attachment 191240

View attachment 191241

Just picked up a 2011 LR4 for the wife. I have been wanting a Rover for forever. Now i just have to see how far I can push the wife into letting me mod it as it's supposed to be her kid hauler after all, lol...

I knew there was a lack of wheel options for these trucks, but I am still so surprised that there are only 2-3 options for 18" wheels...
I'd take the few options you do have and run with it. You'll enjoy it all the same and it will take you anywhere you want to go within reason. Obviously I dont consider rock crawling within reason unless you want to tear it up for no good reason IMO !!

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
I'd take the few options you do have and run with it. You'll enjoy it all the same and it will take you anywhere you want to go within reason. Obviously I dont consider rock crawling within reason unless you want to tear it up for no good reason IMO !!
IMG_6229.jpg
IMG_6230.jpg

There are wheels that fit the lr4's if anyone is willing to at least take the effort to look :)

Lone Wolf Explorer

Rank III

Traveler III

England, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Mcc
Member #

Love the l322's! If we needed a replacement for the LR4 now I would 100% be looking at an L322 at this point. I can't see not having a Land Rover moving forward.
Me too, I’ve owned mine for over 6 yrs. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned in 28 yrs of driving. Recently just turned it into my overlanding rig as the Landcruiser I bought for the project broke & has been a nightmare to get fixed so plan b was my Range Rover.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Figured I should update some photos of George, my 1995 Discovery 1! He's up to ~212.000 on the clock now and is running better then ever after some recent work.
Also for fun, I put together a short video about him, which can be found here! (https://youtu.be/CxRdhSOBo5c)
View attachment 199458View attachment 199457
George is looking good and looks right at home in the snow. The rack looks awesome, is it a new addition ? Are you still happy with your new (not so new now) job ?

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

so, that day has come, joining the Land Rover owner ranks, I just bought an LR4 from Netherlands that I am picking up on Saturday. I saw it and drove tested a week before.
This are some pictures from the add. lr4 2.jpglr4 1.jpg.

It is a 2016 SDV6 diesel HSE with a full service history and about 150 k km , so the big service coming up. The prices on this things in Europe are crazy, they are more expensive than a 2017 disco 5.. :)

I got all winter to make it mine and prepare it for the camping season starting next spring.
I arrived to this after a botched attempt to get the new defender... long story..

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
so, that day has come, joining the Land Rover owner ranks, I just bought an LR4 from Netherlands that I am picking up on Saturday. I saw it and drove tested a week before.
This are some pictures from the add. View attachment 212521View attachment 212522.

It is a 2016 SDV6 diesel HSE with a full service history and about 150 k km , so the big service coming up. The prices on this things in Europe are crazy, they are more expensive than a 2017 disco 5.. :)

I got all winter to make it mine and prepare it for the camping season starting next spring.
I arrived to this after a botched attempt to get the new defender... long story..
Congrats! A beautiful rig. Wish you many wonderful trips with it.

Take care of the timing belts and change them or have them changed in time if it has not been done yet!

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

thank you . This is the big service I am talking about. Timing belts and I want to change the oil in the gearbox as well..
I don't trust my dealer here since they cant even get an order straight so now I am looking for places in Germany next door to do this...

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
thank you . This is the big service I am talking about. Timing belts and I want to change the oil in the gearbox as well..
I don't trust my dealer here since they cant even get an order straight so now I am looking for places in Germany next door to do this...
Have you already found a workshop that would do it? Otherwise, feel free contact me, then I can maybe tell you someone (D3/D4 timing belt changes not every workshop, because it is well let's say some effort and best does someone who does this work regularly).

TOUGE

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gold Coast QLD, Australia
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Ash
Member #

This is my new to me 1976 Range Rover Classic Suffix D. It's a purists nightmare, it has a 300tdi from a Disco 1, R380 and LT230 from a Defender, aircon, intermittent wipers, Balmoral Green paint(an '80s colour), modified ARB front bar, mixture of years trim/carpet. Body and frame are clean. Swivel hubs and oil pan are marking their territory, there is drive line vibration above 80kph and either the vacuum pump or booster has leak as the pedal is easy some of the time. Springs are way to hard, which makes it good to drive on road as it doesn't have sway bars but not good on dirt. I plan on fixing up the interior, new tyres, new coils and shocks, 23/24 spline axles and then drive it around Australia.

RRC-1.jpg

RRC-3.jpg

RRC-4.jpg

RRC-6.jpg

RRC-5.jpg

RRC-8.jpg