Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Colt
Last Name
Mansfield
Member #

Ultimately, I'm game for whatever, but I vote we try 392 first or I have a spot pinned at the end of Byrd Bay Rd (36.572944, -88.016806) that would might work as well. With Neville Bay having the boat ramp, it might be busier than some available dispersed sites.

Reactions: Dave_brez

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
Ultimately, I'm game for whatever, but I vote we try 392 first or I have a spot pinned at the end of Byrd Bay Rd (36.572944, -88.016806) that would might work as well. With Neville Bay having the boat ramp, it might be busier than some available dispersed sites.
Works for me.

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker
I doubt we camp this time, but I am looking forward to getting down on the south end. Very seldom get much past Golden Pond.

MZRoamer

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Middle TN
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Z
For people meeting up at 100-Oaks area.... please watch this:

TLDR: parts of I-440 and I-65 will be shut down on weekend of 9/20, plan accordingly

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
For people meeting up at 100-Oaks area.... please watch this:

TLDR: parts of I-440 and I-65 will be shut down on weekend of 9/20, plan accordingly
I just saw this. I live in the area, but this will certainly be a headache. If others who were planning to meet at 100 oaks are cool with it I say we just plan on meeting at the South welcome station at LBL.

NashvilleKara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Kara
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

The kids and I are still planning on coming. We will probably get on the highway about 1:30 (optimistically). Am I headed to Neville bay or the coordinates? Is that where we’ll be camping?

Airmapper

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hated to split on you guys early but I wanted to get home. Don't judge my attire I don't typically wear cycling kit all day, but hey, mountain bike shoes are pretty awesome driving shoes, sticky flat soles, I might have to do it on purpose next time....

Glad @4runnerteq found me at the trailhead and talked me into going, it was fun. (Yeah man I have a sleeper account on here...)

Good to meet you all, cool rigs all of them. Hope the rest of your weekend goes well.

@NashvilleKara I was happy not to be the only Xterra on the trail for a change, made my day. You did great driving through that miniature canyon, I'm glad you sent it. Keep it up! Do you still have your mud flaps or did the rest of the days adventures streamline them for you? :grinning:

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker
Had a great time with you guys. Ill post some pics later. When I get the for date for Hick Hop I'll let you know.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

I hate that we missed you. We did end up camping at 392, but we were on a trail until about 6:30. Hope that you will be able to come down next time.
Talked to some ppl on 392. It looked pretty occupied so I kept scouting for a few hours then ended up spending the night at Neville bay. Got some much needed fishing in. Bummed I didn’t get to hang but I covered almost 50 miles. I’d call it a successful day. Hope 374 and 375 were fun for y’all.

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Looks like a good time, wish we could have made it out. Some crap rolled down the hill at work, but we'll make the next trip.

Reactions: Dave_brez

NashvilleKara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Kara
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Not sure about y'all but I'm already ready for another trip. The kids are too, but I'm thinking to swap them for the dog and *hopefully* the hubs on the next one. @4runnerteq and @Nathaniel please relay to your wives that my children adore them.

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker
We will do a camp out in October for sure. Probably closer to the North end closer to the Mt bike trails. Ill post up. Also, Hick Hop will be in November. And yeah, Kristi never met a stranger. She gets along with most everyone, especially children.