Land Between the Lakes (LBL) Mapping Download

• HTML tutorial

Tudelum48

Rank I

Traveler I

I use to ride motorcycles in Turkey Bay. That was 30 years ago. I went back down there a few years ago and its not motorcycle friendly any more. Its all loose rocks. The 4 wheelers did a number on it.

Suspect

Rank 0

Contributor I

Anna, Illinois, USA
First Name
Biej
Last Name
Hale
A small group of us (maybe 4) from southern Illinois plan on overlanding the LBL the weekend of August 10th. None of us have EVER been. Any recommendations of where to enter, exit, camp, etc?? We hope to camp near water to fish and swim if thats possible. And of course, any and all are welcome to join us. Be a great opportunity for some of us to meet up and exchange info.

Tudelum48

Rank I

Traveler I

We use to go to Turkey Bay to off road our bikes and 4 wheelers. But you have to pay a fee to enter. If your camping just drive down the TRACE its in between the Lakes lots of places down there. If your looking for an inexpensive hotel try the Relax Inn near Kutawa. Nothing fancy but a good clean room on one end of the Trace. There are a lot of old roads there to explore.

98TJ

Rank I

Contributor III

Tennessee Ridge, TN, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Billings
I know it is an old thread but if anyone is still watching, I have a group of 5-6 headed to LBL this Sat. Anyone is more then welcome to join us.

Steve_1e1b60

Rank I

Contributor II

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Visnage
I stubbled onto LBL this past June and was blown away. I was at the Caverns and a women randomly mentioned the place. I packed up the camper and headed west to discover an amazing destination. Our campsite was right on the lake and cost $10 for the night. We explored a bunch of trails and found the 300 roads to just be too much for my stock GX470. With that said, we were only there a day, but could see the amazing potential of this place and hope to return soon. And I might mention, the place felt empty.