US Southwest Labor Day Run to New Mexico(FULL)

• HTML tutorial

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
I hope they lift their Covid restrictions by then. I've been to NM twice in the last 3 months and all the parks and forests are shut down.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

I hope they lift their Covid restrictions by then. I've been to NM twice in the last 3 months and all the parks and forests are shut down.
I haven't had any issues with traveling and camping. Some of the established campgrounds are closed but we disperse camp so we don't have any need for them.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
I haven't had any issues with traveling and camping. Some of the established campgrounds are closed but we disperse camp so we don't have any need for them.
Yeah I found that funny that all the campgrounds heading to Red River from Questa were open and all the campgrounds from Taos to Ski Valley were open but for Taos to Angel Fire were closed.

N8TURE

Rank II

Member I

Mount Dora, FL, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
S
Member #

This is posted on the forest service website:
"Trails are still open. Dispersed camping (not at an established campground) and other activities that support social distancing and small groups are still permitted."

Here is the link:

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

Yeah I found that funny that all the campgrounds heading to Red River from Questa were open and all the campgrounds from Taos to Ski Valley were open but for Taos to Angel Fire were closed.
Most everything in Idaho, Utah, Colorado and Wyoming were open. Yellowstone's campgrounds were crazy busy and full.

Reactions: Boppa's Travels

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Most everything in Idaho, Utah, Colorado and Wyoming were open. Yellowstone's campgrounds were crazy busy and full.
Another thing I found odd I had to head home for a month but plan to head to Glacier so I was looking at stopping at Yellowstone. They staggered opening at campground sometimes 2 weeks difference and then didn't open Fishing Bridge at all.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

Another thing I found odd I had to head home for a month but plan to head to Glacier so I was looking at stopping at Yellowstone. They staggered opening at campground sometimes 2 weeks difference and then didn't open Fishing Bridge at all.
They are working on a big stretch of road through the park so that has closed down some of the spots.

Reactions: Boppa's Travels