Kenetic energy ropes

• HTML tutorial

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

I'm curious about these, thanks for starting the topic. I have an ARB on my Amazon wish list, but I have not pulled the trigger on it. I was looking at a Smittybilt, but the reviews from people who have it say it's just a strap with a bungee cord inside and not a true snatch-strap.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I'm curious about these, thanks for starting the topic. I have an ARB on my Amazon wish list, but I have not pulled the trigger on it. I was looking at a Smittybilt, but the reviews from people who have it say it's just a strap with a bungee cord inside and not a true snatch-strap.
Look up the group i used to be in.

Brazoria County Off-Road Recovery.

It got too "jeep-ish" so i left. It was also getting old breaking my stuff and funding the repairs... anyways

We used the hell out of them on every 4x4 vehicle imaginable with outstanding results.

They sponsored our group and offered us discounts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Used my Warn snatch strap a few times at Hollister. Not sure about the slingshots, but I like the soft shackles!

Reactions: IronPercheron

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

After more research theses recovery ropes look like a great idea! I may need to add one to my recovery gear bag soon!

cstevens1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

I'm very happy with my ASR Ultimate recovery rope and soft shackle. Doesn't fold down as small as ARB and some of the other straps (it's a rope), but awesome quality and customer service. Haven't needed it yet and hoping to keep it that way!

Reactions: IronPercheron

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

Yeah the whole kinetic energy thing is amazing. I have used and seen first hand, what they are capable of. I carry a Master Pull Super Yanker! The best part is your very unlikely to break anything, unlike a stiff strap, that goes CLUNK, BOOM as you tear off the bumper of the other vehicle.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Yeah the whole kinetic energy thing is amazing. I have used and seen first hand, what they are capable of. I carry a Master Pull Super Yanker! The best part is your very unlikely to break anything, unlike a stiff strap, that goes CLUNK, BOOM as you tear off the bumper of the other vehicle.
I also have a master pull I use the crap out of it. I plan on using it a bunch in thr snow this weekend.

Sent from my LGMS631 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Trail Wonky

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

This. I have an ARB strap that I used to pull out another truck. A very big truck and even though I made the line taught I just felt I was going to pull MY bumper off. I frayed it somehow so I keep it around for crap use in my truck like dragging a tree a couple of weekends ago, but invested in a Spartan Rope that came with a soft shackle and a bag. Love the idea much more of just pulling and letting the kinetic energy of the rope do the work instead of my transmission.

Reactions: Trail Wonky