Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrence, KS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lamb
Member #

I’m always interested in a meetup. I’m out of Lawrence. I do a lot of exploring between here and the Flint Hills. I’m mapping MMRs and the like.

A few of us got together in February and did a drive I came up with based on my maps in the Skyline Drive area.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

SPJEEP4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wichita, KS
Member #

Hey guys!! Another Kansan here, I live in Wichita and would love to meet up with anyone in the area and get out there. Fairly new to overloading so you'll have to bear with me. Looking forward to hearing back and getting to know others in the area.

Thanks!

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Hey guys!! Another Kansan here, I live in Wichita and would love to meet up with anyone in the area and get out there. Fairly new to overloading so you'll have to bear with me. Looking forward to hearing back and getting to know others in the area.

Thanks!
I won't be doing too much this time of year, however it might be fun to get together and cruise in the flint hills. Maybe out to Teter Rock?

Reactions: SPJEEP4x4

adventure_is_necessary

Traveler III

First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Hey any of you Kansas guys go to Tuttle Creek OHV Park? It's a place I'd like to try someday. Where are the Flint Hills?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
I've heard good things about Tuttle. Stock rigs can roll it for the most part. The flint hills are basically around Emporia, but predominantly SW of there.

Reactions: maxfederle89

SPJEEP4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wichita, KS
Member #

Tuttle is a lot of fun. Was just up there a couple months ago. A lot of trails and most are mild enough for stock vehicles but they also have some more aggressive spot for the built up rigs.

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
I'm in Manhattan. I would love to meet up at Randolph any time. My rig has been a hunt/dirt cruiser for years now. I'm going to get more gutsy with it this summer. I'm planning a trip to the Nebraska National Forest. All sand hills, looks like a ton of trails. I'm working on mapping it out currently. But I have a lot to button up on the Jeep before I go. And I'm hoping a friend of mine will go with me in his JK and tow me up there.

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
I'm in Manhattan. I would love to meet up at Randolph any time. My rig has been a hunt/dirt cruiser for years now. I'm going to get more gutsy with it this summer. I'm planning a trip to the Nebraska National Forest. All sand hills, looks like a ton of trails. I'm working on mapping it out currently. But I have a lot to button up on the Jeep before I go. And I'm hoping a friend of mine will go with me in his JK and tow me up there.
Where else in Eastern Kansas can you recommend?

I've been through Halsey before. It was brief (just a couple hours during a road trip) but it was a blast and I'd like to camp there this summer sometime. The Scott Tower is awesome on a clear night.

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
Where else in Eastern Kansas can you recommend?

I've been through Halsey before. It was brief (just a couple hours during a road trip) but it was a blast and I'd like to camp there this summer sometime. The Scott Tower is awesome on a clear night.
I recommend you keep going south from Skyline. Skyline is great, but that's one of the Northern most parts of the Flint Hills. At some point I plan on mapping out a "dirt only" route from Wabaunsee County to Chautauqua County. There are tons of minimum maintenance roads and trails through there.

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
I recommend you keep going south from Skyline. Skyline is great, but that's one of the Northern most parts of the Flint Hills. At some point I plan on mapping out a "dirt only" route from Wabaunsee County to Chautauqua County. There are tons of minimum maintenance roads and trails through there.
That would be so cool man. I'd love to have a plan for going south so I wasn't guessing. I've heard the Flint Hills are pretty.

adventure_is_necessary

Traveler III

First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I know of some "roads" that technically no longer exist out north of Eskridge. We ride our bikes on them or at least we try to.

Last edited:

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
I've got it mapped. From Alma, to Cedar Vale (camping included) 99% dirt roads. I'm going to ride it out once first to make sure none of my routes are actually privately owned (fenced off) routes. Then I will post it up for all to enjoy. Lots and lots of water crossings and some areas I'm not even sure there is actually still a road (we will see).

Overland Z71

Rank 0

Contributor I

I've got it mapped. From Alma, to Cedar Vale (camping included) 99% dirt roads. I'm going to ride it out once first to make sure none of my routes are actually privately owned (fenced off) routes. Then I will post it up for all to enjoy. Lots and lots of water crossings and some areas I'm not even sure there is actually still a road (we will see).
I'm ready and willing to go if you want someone to tag along with...