Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello,
This is Benz, (4wheelspulling) count me in. Not sure how to add myself in on this Rally Point Planner. Jim Lee, thank’s for setting this link up!

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Hello,
This is Benz, (4wheelspulling) count me in. Not sure how to add myself in on this Rally Point Planner. Jim Lee, thank’s for setting this link up!
Adding one's self is easy peasy once you can navigate the online maze we have here. The yellow "View Rally Point Details" button above goes -> https://www.overlandbound.com/event/july-2018-wabdr/
Once you go there you can find the "RSVP" button. Click that to add or un-add yourself.

This all took me awhile to figure out because there seems to be a couple different but kinda' the same layers. Its confusing. There's one thread where we all got ourselves worked up about this. There is the rally point editor thing where we can sign up then there's this auto generated thread.. It seems like the system works, just a lot of levers.

-jim lee

jxmkhn

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles
Member #

I might be interested in tagging along in the trip, depending if it does not conflict with another trip I have planned around the same time. Whats the plan with this trip and how many people are for sure interested?

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

I might be interested in tagging along in the trip, depending if it does not conflict with another trip I have planned around the same time. Whats the plan with this trip and how many people are for sure interested?
Err plan? Not sure how to answer that.

Drive North;
Camp;
Repeat 'till Canada?

Never gave much thought to planning.

Does anyone have some planning ideas they'd like to get out in the open? Maybe there are things we should discuss?

-jim lee

Reactions: totalnobody

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

So, of all you that are going, does anyone have a chainsaw they plan on bringing along? How about a winch on their vehicle?

Radios, we thinking some sort of radio communication would be a good idea?

Just wondering what everyone is thinking along these lines.

-jim lee

Last edited:

SaltyYogurtSnek

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington, United States
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Saltsman
Member #

Is there some experience level required for this route? I am comfortable in the woods but very new to the overland/off road world. Looking into getting the time off from work if this is something I would be capable of doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

So far we're still in, so's Alex. I know 'cause she's our kid.

If I can't get the carryall in shape to make it, I'll just take our Ford 4x4 Pickup.

Anyone else?

-jim lee

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I've done section 1,2 and half of 3 in a stock 92 4runner and sections 1,2 on a vstrom with just the map you buy from wabdr . up to that point it was real easy to follow and not very technical , that was also about 6 years ago so things may have changed by now .

SaltyYogurtSnek

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington, United States
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Saltsman
Member #

I am unable to go. Did a little Monday and Tuesday. Started in Sect 5 near Twisp and went north to Canada. All was clear and easy to navigate. The most technical piece was the downhill to Ruby. Not that it was challenging but probably the most technical that I was on.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

So, who's still in for this? I see a bunch of "maybe" people on the list, but not a lot of talk. Time is getting close. We are theoretically ready to go. (Truck is currently in running condition) Anyone else?

-jim lee

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I am still going to try and make the trip. Yes, I said otherwise earlier today. If my body says no in the middle, I may have to bale, but I guess in can hurt at home or on the trail having fun, so body here we go! Benz.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

To anyone going on this, we're close by but the truck is broken. Fuel delivery problem. Hopefully we can fix it, but we'll probably be late to start.

Its been two days of wild mechanical truck issues.

-jim lee

Jago Overland Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Battle Ground Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Jago
Member #

Sorry for the late response, but my employer scheduled me to work last night so I won't be making the start, but I might want to catch you guys up north tomorrow?

Text me 503-799-7352 when you're in Randle/Packwood