Jeep Wave is dead. Now introducing the Overland Wave!!

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Due to all the yuppies buying JK/JKU's and dragging them through the 4WD Parts catalog and becoming "elite" or snobbish I don't wave first anymore, it is not worth the effort. Jeep wave is now dead and the "Overland Wave" is now alive!! (I am the originator of that phrase! lol) If you have a modified overland rig or cool rig of any brand, I wave. IMO the Jeep wave, at least in its original form is now dead. It has become that there are too many "snobs" thinking their mall crawling JK makes them more elite than a WJ-XJ-ETC....

So, I propose this:
You see ANY vehicle set up for Overland/Expedition, WAVE!!! And not some half-assed wave, I mean hang out your window and wave at them!! They clearly put the time and work into building it, it should be recognized. The wave is no longer vehicle/model/make specific, it is universal between Overlanders.

Now, Overlanders- GO OUT AND GET YOUR WAVE ON!

JB,
Out.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I fully support this plan.

Yesterday I saw a guy in one of those old 1980s 4wd Toyota vans, covered in stickers (personal favorite: "0-60, 11 Minutes" done in hardware store lettering). He didnt just get a wave, but a full on "Nice rig face" and a thumbs up.
I like the decal, (I've seen on a few overland rigs), that says, "Sure, you can drive fast...but I can drive anywhere!"

Cpl J

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke7cqw
Due to all the yuppies buying JK/JKU's and dragging them through the 4WD Parts catalog and becoming "elite" or snobbish I don't wave first anymore, it is not worth the effort. Jeep wave is now dead and the "Overland Wave" is now alive!! (I am the originator of that phrase! lol) If you have a modified overland rig or cool rig of any brand, I wave. IMO the Jeep wave, at least in its original form is now dead. It has become that there are too many "snobs" thinking their mall crawling JK makes them more elite than a WJ-XJ-ETC....

So, I propose this:
You see ANY vehicle set up for Overland/Expedition, WAVE!!! And not some half-assed wave, I mean hang out your window and wave at them!! They clearly put the time and work into building it, it should be recognized. The wave is no longer vehicle/model/make specific, it is universal between Overlanders.

JB,
Out.

So, I propose this:

JB,
Out.
Good stuff..lol

Reactions: Jeepin It Simple

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Get plenty of jeep waves even though the main rig is not a jeep.

I did see a post yesterday somewhere about a Red Aveo wave movement starting and being witnessed.

Pretty cool to just wave in general like us country folks do.

Reactions: barnstormers

Cpl J

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke7cqw
I'm waiting for my first crazy wave...
Having grown up in the rural part of Georgia I can attest to this. We wave at everyone. Growing up it was rare to see another vehicle most places you went unless going to town. Waving was just friendly.
I grew up in Nebraska and everyone waved. Guess it is the changing of the time

Reactions: Murphy Slaw

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
it was funny to see this post on here because the wife is always complaining how nobody returns her "jeep wave" anymore

ive showed her how tundra owners greet each other when we pass each other out in the wild...

new jeep greeting.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Sparksalot

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
We all wave at each other around here in Ocean County NJ. Jeeps and Broncos as one! I think it comes from the trails abundant here, everyone waves at passing groups offroad so it just bled out onto the streets too. If you're built up or just covered in mud, you'll get a wave. Hell, I even got a shaka from a Subaru. :sunglasses: