Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Great looking setups, guys. Do any of y'all know of a somewhat quick detach rack/cage system for a four door? I would really like to use a RTT on my wife's 4 door, but it wouldn't clear the carport with anymore height to it, and she's not keen on leaving one on it all the time. I think if I could find a system that I could pull off and just leave the attachment brackets on the Jeep, she might would go for that. I may end up having to fab a system myself, but was looking for something that's already on the market.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
2005 GMC Sierra
2014 Jeep Wrangler

OB member #4392

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

-Old Man Emu Lift
-Curry Track Bar
-Synergy Steering System
-JKS 1in Body Lift
-JKS Motor Mount Lift
-JKS Quick Disconnects
-Regeared to 4.56 with True Trac in rear
D44 and front D30 geared to 4.56 with an Aussie
-AFE Cold Air Intake
-Banks Cat Back Exhaust
-BFG 33in tires with black steel wheels
-Smittybilt Rock Sliders
-Bushwacker Fender Flares
-Smittybilt XRC front/rear bumper with tire carrier
-cobra 29 CB (but I carry walkers too), firestick ii 3' antenna
-Warn Zeon 10 winch
-JWSpeaker 8700 LED headlights

We are the Millers

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Murrieta, CA
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VXV
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
3.5 Metalcloak Gamechanger lift
Metalcloak 6Pak shocks
35" Toyo R/T
17" Raceline wheels
K&N JK Snorkel
Adams Driveshafts
Fox ATS
Genesis JK Dual Battery
Gobi Roof Rack
Switch-Pros Accessory Switches
Misc Teraflex and Maximus-3 goodies

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GTJeeper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

Great looking setups, guys. Do any of y'all know of a somewhat quick detach rack/cage system for a four door? I would really like to use a RTT on my wife's 4 door, but it wouldn't clear the carport with anymore height to it, and she's not keen on leaving one on it all the time. I think if I could find a system that I could pull off and just leave the attachment brackets on the Jeep, she might would go for that. I may end up having to fab a system myself, but was looking for something that's already on the market.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
2005 GMC Sierra
2014 Jeep Wrangler

OB member #4392
Look up the rhino rack backbone kit for the jk wranglers. They make it for the 2 door or 4 door. Once you attach the tent to the platform you can remove the whole platform fairly easily and leave just the mounts as you mentioned. There's a version with quick disconnect mounts and a version with just bolts like I have but I love it so far and plan to mount a tent in the next month or so.

Reactions: southernfire97

We are the Millers

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Murrieta, CA
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VXV
How's that snorkel? I have been looking at a few different ones. But... I keep reading horror stories on hydrolocked engines from not so watertight-ness
Right now, I wouldn't bet a paycheck that it would protect my engine. I am an engineer and I have not been too excited about it since I got it. I am working on modifying it to increase my faith in it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: 9Mike2