Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Wishing I had a garage or shelter in the months of May - August in West Texas. Living in a downtown ground floor loft is fantastic, but prepping a rig for a Texas to Alaska adventure is challenging in the heat and humidity. Installed a new Smittybilt Pivot HRC hinge and tire carrier. This supports up to 135lbs and a 37" tire. I got on YouTube and watched others install theirs as the instructions were absolutely useless. Hodge podge of photos, missing entire steps and a diagram that made zero sense to anyone who has seen it. However, pretty straight forward once I figured it out. Terrific fit and looks way better than the thin cast aluminum OEM and crap hinges.

IMG_20200520_120433_01.jpg20200521_131148_HDR.jpg20200521_131215_HDR.jpg

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Wishing I had a garage or shelter in the months of May - August in West Texas. Living in a downtown ground floor loft is fantastic, but prepping a rig for a Texas to Alaska adventure is challenging in the heat and humidity. Installed a new Smittybilt Pivot HRC hinge and tire carrier. This supports up to 135lbs and a 37" tire. I got on YouTube and watched others install theirs as the instructions were absolutely useless. Hodge podge of photos, missing entire steps and a diagram that made zero sense to anyone who has seen it. However, pretty straight forward once I figured it out. Terrific fit and looks way better than the thin cast aluminum OEM and crap hinges.

View attachment 155164View attachment 155165View attachment 155166
How's your roof rack holding up? still pleased?

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG

View attachment 155164View attachment 155165View attachment 155166
Your going to Alaska? Are you going with other people? I would love to go with a few Jeeps. If I could find reliable, responsible people, I'd go. This pandemic has put things in prospective. I'm never going to have my ideal living condition (at this current rate) or my dream Jeep so I need to just work with what I have. Two weeks ago, I took the Jeep out for a few hours with two other Jeeps. Forgot how to drive offroad. Made me realize how much I loved it and missed it. I hear you on the parking. I have street parking as I live in a duplex.