Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Burnie, Maryland
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ogle
Member #

Sweet setup, we are looking at the same thing. How about some reports of the pros and cons , and what you love about it.....Thanks...
We rented the trailer from MWR Fort Meade Army base to give it a try. It was nice being off the ground but the teardrop is not for us. This year we will be using a Gazelle T4 carried in a Thule Motion XT L. It was a nice base camp setup but with an 80lb dog it’s a little cramped.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9Mike2 and Shamu

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

We have had a shit winter. One 0.20" rain storm since September. Nothing but cold wind most days. 60mph gusts earlier this week. Wind is so prevalent here, we don't make national news. 60mph winds hit LA, NY or FL, and its all over the news.
Highs in the 30's a few weeks ago, 72F tomorrow. Lows in the single digits with windchill regularly.

Throwback to what was supposed to be a 50F day but woke to this 12" dump in less than 3 hours in 2018. I cant wait to get out of West Texas.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9Mike2

chris_nc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whitsett, NC, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RBL
I was in bed and heard it raining suddenly.

I went out and put the tops back on and left windows cracked and rear window open, didnt want mold growing when the sun comes up.
Having flashbacks to the day when the ONLY cloud in the entire state of North Carolina targeted my topless Jeep with Tomahawk cruise missile accuracy!

IMG_5041.jpegIMG_5043.jpeg

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I think the topless + rain is something that happens to all of us at some point or another. It tends to get me the most in the summer up in the Sierra when those mountain thunderstorms appear out of nowhere.