Jeep Owners Represent!

• HTML tutorial

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

The JL is currently in summer configuration with doors off nearly all the time. I'm starting to get it ready for an October trip to Moab. It has a 2" Mopar lift and 315/70/17 KO2 tires. I'll be adding a Snomaster refrigerator, some chairs, tent, and camping gear, a GMRS radio (in addition to the cb). It currently has a Tuffy security console, Smittybilt winch, a Viair compressor, Barricade recovery kit, various tools, such as saw, axe, etc,. I'm not into long stretches between resupply, so light weight and minimalist gear rules the day. I've also got a Magellan TRX7 for trail navigation. I'll probably add a tailgate table, snorkel, and am really thinking about an Artec aluminum bellypan skid plate system. (Expensive, but only adds a net 10 lbs after removal of the factory gas tank skid plate.) Anyway, it is pretty much ready now. Other than adding lightweight camping gear and a tool kit, It's more than ready to go. The JK is going on the trip, too. I've got a 2" lift on it and the JL's OEM KO2s on Quadratec rims. It has a CB, GMRS, Bestop gun safe, Engo winch, and additional armor on the oil pan and evap canister. It has been to Moab and did really well on some tough trails. It has given us 11 years and 125k miles of great memories and it has much more to give! Our family just loves Jeeps! I only wish I still had my YJ. Selling it was the dumbest move I ever made.

Clay Custer

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Silverton, Colorado
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Custer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0VZA
That is one bad ass setup you got on your JKU. I wish I could be out in CO right now.
Thanks, we have have certainly enjoyed it. One of the facts of life, of living in Silverton is that all life revolves around the train from Durango. We are looking forward to getting out more and exploring this fall as the train season diminishes.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Jeep Wave! Hey what's up everyone. I'm fairly new to the forums but glad to be here. #OB14045

My Jeep "GUARDIAN" is a 2014 JKUR, getting it set up for overlanding. You can see my Vehicle Build here.

Hope to meet some other Jeep overlanders here in the forums and more importantly out on the trails.

Eric AKA Jeepsies

Guardian-Promo-Shot-Broken-Arrow.jpg

GunninIt

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Cross-post from my intro thread in the new guy section -

New guy from Southern California. Looking through some trips through Utah and Colorado in the relatively near future. Hoping to take the Rimrocker with my son and dad, and maybe some friends.

Love getting out around SoCal, though, so feel free to hit me up if you're in the area.

My rides...

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel

1984 Jeep CJ7 Laredo

(and with my dad's TJ)

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Cross-post from my intro thread in the new guy section -

New guy from Southern California. Looking through some trips through Utah and Colorado in the relatively near future. Hoping to take the Rimrocker with my son and dad, and maybe some friends.

Love getting out around SoCal, though, so feel free to hit me up if you're in the area.

My rides...

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel

1984 Jeep CJ7 Laredo

(and with my dad's TJ)
We also have a Jeep family, the Daughters have JKUs I have a 2015 JKU and the wife's 17 Cherokee Trailhawk...here in Low Cal....

Reactions: SVgarage