Launch Member

Member I

Provo, Utah
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Wiseman
Member #

I'm driving and working on (more working than driving) a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport.
Pretty well modified. Just need to finish a few items then I can get on the trail again.

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
View attachment 2913 After being a lifelong Toyota guy ( my dd is still a '12 4 rnr ) I finally drank the Jeep Kool Aid. I picked this up 11/15. It's a 2015 Rubicon with f&r LOD bumpers, Smittybuilt winch, Rubicon Express 3.5 lift with BFG Muds on stock wheels, FrontRunner 1/2 rack and list goes on...
That LOD front bumper looks nice on the JKU.

Reactions: Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Thanks!!! I really like the style of the LOD bumpers but beware... In two years LOD has replaced the right side gas can carrier, tire carrier and now I'm waiting for the left side gas can carrier due to cracks above the welds. Basically they can't take the stress of washboard roads when the cans are full, major design flaw. My next step is to weld supports without moving the stress to a different spot.

That LOD front bumper looks nice on the JKU.

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
That sucks. My first Jeep had an OR FAB tire carrier and they have gone out of business so now I am trying to find something suitable. The EVO tire carrier is almost as much as their lift and it really only looks good when one has a 37+ inch tire. There use to be a wait for LOD stuff you would think those welds would hold up looking at how long it takes for the stuff to be made. When LOD was getting bid in the early 2000's, they had the worst backorder situation.

Reactions: Narbob

Voodoo 1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

Before the military, it was sports cars '69 Camero, '65 Mustang and others. After the military, it has been nothing but 4x4's. Around 8 of them, since the early 80's. Right now, and the longest I have owned a vehicle - is my 1999 Jeep TJ/Sport. I purchased this rig around 2006 or '07, while I was still working for CBS.
I am still adding and making changes, but that is the fun part - last year you feel one way, this year you feel another.
FB_IMG_1479023050446.jpg unnamed-1.jpg

CDE

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mount Pleasant, TX
Member #

What brand of safari basket, are you sporting on your rig?
Kargo Master 52"x74" Bushman Safari Basket attached to the old style Kargo Master Congo Cage. I believe this basket was intended for the LJ, but I wanted something big. It actually hangs over the top a couple inches front and back and is almost as wide as the Jeep.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voodoo 1