Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Nice rig, how do you like those [Teraflex?] speedbumps?
Thx ! Love the whole Teraflex suspension on it. Its the 3" long arm and the Fox shocks have been great. Since this photo I have also added a 1 1/4" body lift, changed out the Tie Rod and Drag Link to Chromoly Synergy (bent my stock tie) and added the Fox Steering Stabilizer too. What a difference in handling and takes the weight of the RTT and gear great !

synergy.jpg

P1060730 (640x479).jpg

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Thx ! Love the whole Teraflex suspension on it. Its the 3" long arm and the Fox shocks have been great. Since this photo I have also added a 1 1/4" body lift, changed out the Tie Rod and Drag Link to Chromoly Synergy (bent my stock tie) and added the Fox Steering Stabilizer too. What a difference in handling and takes the weight of the RTT and gear great !

View attachment 13268

View attachment 13269
I have the same shocks (see my build thread here), I find them to be super stiff when I'm going on terrible public roads with lots of potholes and stuff at low speeds. How do you find yours?

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Yeah Im running all Tflex coils too. Maybe your definition of stiff suspension is different then mine...lol. I have a ton of rugged trail time on my rig and I love the performance so maybe I am numb to it. We have very similar setups.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Yeah Im running all Tflex coils too. Maybe your definition of stiff suspension is different then mine...lol. I have a ton of rugged trail time on my rig and I love the performance so maybe I am numb to it. We have very similar setups.
I only weigh around 4000lbs, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

I only weigh around 4000lbs, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Its funny you should mention that. I am going to scale my jeep in the next few weeks empty and then again once I get my all the gear in there. My jeep has always been daily driver/weekend trail hog but now that I have built the roof rack and I am getting the rig overland ready, the weight is adding up fast. Between the RTT, Solar, Water, Propane etc. etc. this rig is getting fatter than she has ever been...lol

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Its funny you should mention that. I am going to scale my jeep in the next few weeks empty and then again once I get my all the gear in there. My jeep has always been daily driver/weekend trail hog but now that I have built the roof rack and I am getting the rig overland ready, the weight is adding up fast. Between the RTT, Solar, Water, Propane etc. etc. this rig is getting fatter than she has ever been...lol
I try to go as light as possible, no roof rack or RTT for me.