Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I try to stay active. This is one of my favorite communities.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Advocate II

Absolutely! Right now I am running a stock WJ but if you get out to do any wheeling let me know, I'm not aware of too many places around here to go so would be nice to learn a few .

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Absolutely! Right now I am running a stock WJ but if you get out to do any wheeling let me know, I'm not aware of too many places around here to go so would be nice to learn a few .
Most of the stuff we do around here is soft roading. Mainly back roads or routes along the river. I like to photograph the bald eagles when they are here. Last couple years we've headed up to Michigan and Wisconsin to photograph lighthouses and such. There are some Jeep "Badge of Honor" trails in Missouri and Indiana I'm going to hit someday. But yah, not a lot of wheeling places around us. Hoping to get a few more Iowans on here so we can start doing our own thing around Iowa. Even if some Illinois residents around the QC area join, we could start to get some things going. I've been following a thread from Indiana. They were talking about a trail run to Michigan this Spring. Not sure if it's going to happen though.

Advocate II

Yea the wife and I are wanting to start doing trip reports with photos and video, as well as gps data from routes. Id love to hit some trails and be able to share on our blog and get gps data here.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We were going to hit the Appalachian Mountains this summer. But, we are looking at buying a house in Bettendorf, so the trip may be on hold. I used to have a photography studio here in Davenport and am wanting to get back into photography for the fun of it. I had thought about the same thing, starting a blog so it would motivate me to get out and provide some content for it. I'm not into rock crawling, just like hitting trails and enjoying the journey.

Advocate II

We are headed to Wyoming this summer for wifes family reunion. Hopefully I'll get to do some wheeling while there. As for photography I would love to learn to take better pics. I am pure photo rookie lol.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Wyoming is awesome. I've been to Yellowstone a few times. As for photography, I sold off all my gear in 2011 after I closed my studio. Recently bought a couple consumer grade lenses to use with my wifes nikon D3000. Miss having the f2.8 lenses, but I'm sure I'll be satisfied with what I bought. Some fellow photogs are trying to recruit me to shoot for them. But I have no interest in shooting professionally again. Just want to get back to nature and scenic, which started my passion for the medium in the first place. One of these days we can find something of interest to photograph, and I'd be happy to give you some tips. I always enjoy sharing my knowledge. I used to teach college photography out in Phoenix, before we moved back to Iowa in 2007. It was a lot of fun.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
That's all you need. Too bad the snow is melting. We went to Wildcat Den last Sunday to play in the snow and took the camera along. Makes for more interesting pictures than this brown mess we have now. lol

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Haven't been there yet. But I've been meaning to take my daughter there. Now that it's warming up, I need to take her. It's down by Credit Island, isn't it?

Advocate II

It is out past credit island. Out by the compost facility. If you choose to go on a weekend let me know, we can meet at credit island and I can show you the way. Actually I can do it during the week until I get called back to work.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Alright. I'll let you know. This Saturday is a possibility. I'm wanting to get out this weekend since the wind is suppose to die down and be relatively warm. I assume they aren't open on Sundays?