Introduction of myself and my build

• HTML tutorial

Rob Bradish

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello!!!

Not so much Overland right now as oversand at our NC Beaches on in the Stateparks of Northern Florida.

I am an old guy who has no intention of rock climbing or things like that, just likes to get out. Purpose built as a daily driver first, we started with a Basic 2016 Nissan Frontier, SV 4x4. First Rule is , if I can't do it myself, need to really access why. Upgrades include:

2" front and 1.5 inch Leveling kit
FireStone Airbags (I tow a trailer)
RearAxle breather mod (vital on Frontiers)
Bilstien rear Shocks
Fold-A-Cover tailgate lid
Rhino Rack track on Roof with Racks
Bat-wing 270 Tarp
BFG 265-75r16
WeatherTech mats
K&N Drop In Filter
Line-X bed
Nissan OE Skidplates (hey, it's just sand)
oh, and a JB Audio Sub Woofer because the car has no bass

Equipment
Bushwacker Air Jack
Compressed Air Cylinder for top-ups (130ft3)
First Aid Kit
Shovel

Next steps include
Maxx Trax
Slide out stove and kitchen (1/2 of bed only, slide out tray on other) (Home Built using Starboard)
Considering exchanging racks rails for a platform
Considering changing the Compressed Air Cylinder for a Compressor
Seriously considering a snorkel (they just LOOK Soooo Cool!)(wishful)
Seriously considering a rear locker
rear bumper with Tire carrier (wishful)

Last edited:

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Hi Rob, @Rob Bradish OK, First of your not old if you drive WHAT SOUNDS LIKE an Amazing rig!! Pics or it just didn't happen!!!!
Mature maybe, as I and many of our friends here at OB are, we know what works and what doesn't and open to new idea's..... Welcome to the Forum and we all look forward to seeing the pics of your rig and amazing places you see!!!
Happy Holiday!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Rob Bradish

Rank 0

Contributor I

Thank you all for the replies. When I edit, the picture is still there, which tells me rights have not yet been updated along with my membership information. Hopefully, everything will show up then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi Rob, and welcome to the Overland Bound forum.

You're not old. I have a younger brother older than you. ;) If you are anything like me, you think of yourself about 20 years younger, except on the mornings after doing something you haven't done in a while. :)

I've gone in to edit your first post to make the photos visible, but there are no links whatsoever in the post, nor any attachments. so if you are seeing photos, they must be local to your machine.

As far as the above login problem, it is being worked on by our admin, @Michael

I'm glad you've found us. There is a very diverse group of friendly, helpful people on the forum. I hope you enjoy it here.
Steve

Rob Bradish

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi Rob, and welcome to the Overland Bound forum.

You're not old. I have a younger brother older than you. ;) If you are anything like me, you think of yourself about 20 years younger, except on the mornings after doing something you haven't done in a while. :)

I've gone in to edit your first post to make the photos visible, but there are no links whatsoever in the post, nor any attachments. so if you are seeing photos, they must be local to your machine.

As far as the above login problem, it is being worked on by our admin, @Michael

I'm glad you've found us. There is a very diverse group of friendly, helpful people on the forum. I hope you enjoy it here.
Steve
Really strange. If I select edit, from either my work laptop, home laptop, or iPad, I see the photo. Could it be that, because I am referencing a link from another website, it isn't passing to people that are not associate with that site? Hmm, time to test!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thank you all for the replies. When I edit, the picture is still there, which tells me rights have not yet been updated along with my membership information. Hopefully, everything will show up then.
We are working on the login issue and close to a resolution! Thank you and Welcome!

Rob Bradish

Rank 0

Contributor I

That's so cool. I am just learning about beach driving, haven't even air down yet! I live in Clayton and we used to have a house on Oak Island. gave it up when the second kid started College!

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Hello!!!

Not so much Overland right now as oversand at our NC Beaches on in the Stateparks of Northern Florida.

I am an old guy who has no intention of rock climbing or things like that, just likes to get out. Purpose built as a daily driver first, we started with a Basic 2016 Nissan Frontier, SV 4x4. First Rule is , if I can't do it myself, need to really access why. Upgrades include:

2" front and 1.5 inch Leveling kit
FireStone Airbags (I tow a trailer)
RearAxle breather mod (vital on Frontiers)
Bilstien rear Shocks
Fold-A-Cover tailgate lid
Rhino Rack track on Roof with Racks
Bat-wing 270 Tarp
BFG 265-75r16
WeatherTech mats
K&N Drop In Filter
Line-X bed
Nissan OE Skidplates (hey, it's just sand)
oh, and a JB Audio Sub Woofer because the car has no bass

Equipment
Bushwacker Air Jack
Compressed Air Cylinder for top-ups (130ft3)
First Aid Kit
Shovel

Next steps include
Maxx Trax
Slide out stove and kitchen (1/2 of bed only, slide out tray on other) (Home Built using Starboard)
Considering exchanging racks rails for a platform
Considering changing the Compressed Air Cylinder for a Compressor
Seriously considering a snorkel (they just LOOK Soooo Cool!)(wishful)
Seriously considering a rear locker
rear bumper with Tire carrier (wishful)

Gday mate welcome to the crew AWESOME rig

aghadjip

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton NC
Member #

Hey! Ive seen you near clayton! I live near C3, we should go grab a beer sometime!