Introduction of myself and my build

• HTML tutorial

Rob Bradish

Rank 0

Contributor I

So, now that I can post some pictures, thought I would throw up some updates. Buddy of mine had a smaller LED bar in his bumper on the beach last month and I fell in love!

Here is the installation- sorry for the glare.

Low Beams:

High Beams:

Light Bar (20")

Rob Bradish

Rank 0

Contributor I

I was thinking about putting in a compressor. The fact is, as a Scuba Diver, I have lots of tanks lying around, and a compressor to fill them, so my tendency is to use that instead. The question I had is, how practical is it for expedition use?

Using a formula for a Torus, I determined the 265/75r15 tires I am running will contain~3924 in3 or 2.27ft3. At 32 PSI (~2 atm) = 6.81ft3, call it 10 for hedging and easy math.

What about changing a tire? My impact gun requires 5.1 SCFM and my regulator delivers close to 7 at 90psi. Call it 10 again for in head calculations. With that gun, I can easily pull a tire in 2 minutes, 20 ft3, for hedging and math, once again.

The net-net is that the Scuba tank I am using has 132 ft3. So, needless to say, I have enough gas to remove, and refill, a tire 4 times.

While certainly not expedition capable, for weekends at the beach, this should prove to be more than adequate.

I am guessing that, if I were to buy a system capable of delivering 6 cfm at 90psi, continuously, I would have to spend ~$600.