Intel Needed for South Georgia (Lagrange, Macon, Valdosta, Savannah, etc.)

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

thedaddybadger

Rank V
Founder 500

Advocate III

Acworth, GA
Member #

I'm looking for solid intel on places to #GOXPLOR in the southern-half of the Peach State. I know North Georgia like the back of my hand, but I'm afraid once I reach the Piedmont and Coastal Plains areas of the state, I'm not well versed. Doesn't have to be technical or even "off road" but I'm looking for as much off-pavement and off-highway travel as possible, and point-to-point (no dead-ends). Thanks in advance!

Areas of particular interest that I'm hoping you can help me with ...

• Savannah / Brunswick area
  • Valdosta
  • Columbus
  • Waycross
  • Georgetown
  • Americus
  • Tifton
  • Bainbridge
  • Augusta
  • Sardis
  • Oconee

basically... anything south of the Columbus-Macon-Augusta line, but especially the Upper & Lower Coastal Plains regions.

adrianmorrell

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
Best place I can think of is to go explore the dirt roads West of the Okefenokee Swamp. I think that would be Clinch county. I spent a day over there exploring several years ago, but I can't really recommend any particular routes.

Watching this thread, I hope you get some good replies, because I'd like some good places nearby to go explore myself.

Adrian

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: thedaddybadger

zim87

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Zim
Last Name
Lindley
Bainbridge doesn’t have much to offer in my opinion. I grew up there. You can get on some county dirt roads and they will lead you all over the place. If you have a kayak you should check out spring creek. Good luck

Jay61

Rank I

Contributor II

Leesburg Georgia
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Brimberry
Member #

There are miles upon miles of grated county roads in Southwest GA. Sometimes when I am heading places in the area, Garmin will send me down them as a faster route. Especially in Lee, Sumter, Macon and Oglethorpe Counties.