Launch Member

Traveler I

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Kris
Last Name
D
Member #

Hey All. Some of you may already know where I am heading with this thread... It seems that finding an insurance company who is willing to offer coverage for a modified vehicle is nearly impossible. Though I don't have any real mods on my Jeep yet, I do plan to at least upgrade the tires soon, and hopefully the suspension as well. Who do you guys use for insurance on your rigs? Assuming that you've told your providers that your rig is modified. I'm looking for some guidance on this topic. The last thing I want to do is modify my vehicle without my insurer being aware and then being denied a claim later on. Thanks.

Hapla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Oshawa
First Name
John
Last Name
Philip
Member #

I personally also have this problem. Now, I have modified my Jeep with cut and fold fenders, 33"MT, snorkel, and winch in a winch bumper. As far as I know it is only the winch and bumper that my insurance company has a problem with. So... No they don't know about it and after 4 brokers and 5 friends that have great insurance companies that know everything about their jeep.... I am still without an insurance company that is willing to take my Jeep (and everything else I have insured)

If I find one I will sure post again but I'm hoping others will help here. ;)

Looking for no cell service, no job schedule and no stress.
Bring on the camp fires and stary nights with friends and family.

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

Try "The Personal". you may have to pay higher premiums though. Knock on wood I've never had a problem. they even replaced my aftermarket bumper 5 years ago when I got rear ended...no issues.
be honest, you will most likely have to pay higher premiums with some companies.
Hope that helps.