First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Friday, April 23 to Sunday, April 25
Holcomb Valley Ranch Camping with two days of trails throughout Big Bear, CA
Limited to 22 per campsite
RSVP - We will make camp reservations for the group once we know who is attending.
Kid and Pet Friendly

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
All OB members are invited to attend this campout. However, there is a limit of 22 people per campsite (plenty of room for all). So, if we get more than 22 people wanting to go we will need to reserve an additional site. The cost for the weekend should be under $65.00 per person over 10 years of age, but the actual cost is determined by how many attend. Therefore, we need to know as soon as possible how many want to attend. Please RSVP using the RSVP feature in the Rally Point, then, let us know how many will be in your group, including kids under 10 because they are free, by posting the number in this forum. If you want to go but can't commit just yet RSVP anyway and post here when you know for sure. You will not be charged if you need to cancel.

Looking forward to seeing my OB friends and having a good time. See you there.

Cliff

Last edited:

TacoWheeler

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Orange County, California, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Porter
Member #

I'd like to do this and meet some members. Where or how can I find out more details? I'm new and unfamiliar with navigation on the site. I'm trying to find out if there if its a trail run (point A to point B), or just meeting up and camping. I'm fine with either but would like to plan for it. Thanks for any info!

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
This is basically a meetup and campout. And there will be trail ride/s on Saturday. All you need to do is, from within the Rally Point , RSVP to add your name to the list of attendees. And arrive at the Holcomb Valley Ranch on Friday. The Ranch is a short 3.5 miles up Polique Canyon Road from highway 38 on the north side of Big Bear Lake.

pmurphy16

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Redlands, CA, USA
First Name
paul
Last Name
murphy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MRO
Service Branch
US Navy
what about those who would like to come up for the day and trail ride since my new overland trailer is not here yet just have my truck so we are not completely setup yet. Maybe have a meetup point for the trail ride for those who can't camp overnight. would love to still come and meet people for future trips

Reactions: Mojavewanderer

lnye26

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yucca Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Nye
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OQF
I am taking my Ham Technician test on Saturday 4/24/2021 otherwise would have enjoyed making this trip.
Will keep an eye out for future trips.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
what about those who would like to come up for the day and trail ride since my new overland trailer is not here yet just have my truck so we are not completely setup yet. Maybe have a meetup point for the trail ride for those who can't camp overnight. would love to still come and meet people for future trips
We have not decided on a particular trail to take as yet. There are lots of trails, easy to difficult to choose from. If you can get to the Ranch by 8:30 AM on Saturday you will be able to join on any trail ride. Just make sure you post here that you will be there, and we will look out for your arrival.

Cliff

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
I’d like to do this run, but don’t have sliders yet. Are there bypasses where sliders are needed? I’m on a 3” lift with 31s. Hoping to meet members and have a good time. Thanks for any help here.
I don't think we will be going on any difficult or extreme trails, so, you shouldn't need sliders. But, you can go on any trail you like.

Cliff

iNOMAD

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Big Bear Lake, Ca.
First Name
Dino
Last Name
DEMarco
Member #

Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, I work on this weekend. Ironically I am a fire captain in this area and this event is in my jurisdiction. If any of you knuckleheads get hurt or burn the forest down we will definitely meet. Maybe my crew and I will come by and say hi. Have a great meetup. Its a beautiful area.
Dino OB#5628

solis.javier1981

Rank II

Contributor III

Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
First Name
Javi
Last Name
Solis
Member #

I would love to join. But I have a trip planned in AZ from the 21-24. Then heading to camp south of big bear that Sunday/Monday.

Enjoy! I would love to join the next one and meet some OB family!

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
I’m running stock suspension, 31 inch tires, and no sliders and I keep up with these guys! I’m looking forward to the IE group getting going again!
There are plenty of easy trails your 2WD can handle. You can travel through the entire Holcomb Valley Road with 2WD. Just be careful not to wander unto one of the difficult trails.