Launch Member

Contributor I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Crawford
Hey guys,
New to the forum, but I’m 22 engaged and have a 2014 ram 1500. I live inSellersburg IN, Brand new to overlanding so I have a TON to learn, but have been interested in it for a long time. Now looking forward to meeting some cool folks and seeing some amazing views.
Austin

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

New to OB, I live in SE Iowa and work in southern IL. I've been looking at going to Interlake State Recreation Area (ISRA) near Lynville, IN .
Apparently 100 miles of trails, some dedicated to full-size ORV (suv's etc ) DNR: Interlake State Recreation Area.
Has anyone been there, and/or want to plan a rally point there in the next 3-4 weeks?
Welcome to OB

I've been to Interlake, but only on a motorcycle. It's a blast with lots of trails, hills and woods. Plenty of camping too. Post up a Rally Point on the member map and you might be able to get a group together.

There's going to be a get together on November 9th if you wanna come down, meet some local area folks and do a bit of southern Indiana exploration. Just sign up.

Last edited:
Reactions: w2wlds

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Is there an Indiana group that meets up or plans any trips?
I don't know of any overlanding groups, other than informal, like the one that did the Trans Hoosier Overlanding Route. I'm in a Jeep club on Facebook that does about 20 outings a year. They are looking to do a couple overlanding runs this year.

I think this forum thread would be a good place to get some folks to put something together, though.

CasperZR2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Swanson
I don't know of any overlanding groups, other than informal, like the one that did the Trans Hoosier Overlanding Route. I'm in a Jeep club on Facebook that does about 20 outings a year. They are looking to do a couple overlanding runs this year.

I think this forum thread would be a good place to get some folks to put something together, though.
The informal ones would probably get more participation imo if it was on a forum for others to see.
I’m a novice and I’m not above learning more about it by doing it with folks that know their stuff

Reactions: DanW

jcheb84

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indiana
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Hebner
Member #

I'm in the Greenfield area but I'm waiting till next week or so to start looking for a new rig. Been eyeing a few Tacoma's. Feel free to reach out I dont have alot of experience but always willing to learn. About when are you looking to try and set up something. Always safer to hit trails with more than one.

Last edited:

CasperZR2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Swanson
I'm in the Greenfield area but I'm waiting till next week or so to start looking for a new rig. Been eyeing a few Tacoma's. Feel free to reach out I dont have alot of experience but always willing to learn. About when are you looking to try and set up something. Always safer to hit trails with more than one.
I found the Kentucky adventure trail and that’s my goal for the summer.
I’d like to get out where ever I can so I can learn what’s needed and not needed to drag along while I’m at it.
Aftermarket is definitely a lot better for Toyota’s then my ZR2 right now

Colgafro

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Albion, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Colgan
Member #

New to the forum. Up in the FW area. Locked FZJ80 with a decent amount of mods. Is there a cars and coffee in IN that OB members attend regularly? (I realize it is December and they're not a regular occurrence on the calendar right not)

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

New to the forum. Up in the FW area. Locked FZJ80 with a decent amount of mods. Is there a cars and coffee in IN that OB members attend regularly? (I realize it is December and they're not a regular occurrence on the calendar right not)
Welcome aboard. There isn't a formally " regularly scheduled" C&C meet up anywhere as members are spread throughout the State. If you go to rally point you can make a meet up event, post it up and get some members to attend. It's a start to meeting new folks from OB.