Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

Welcome @chuckamazuk. This is a good group to be a part of. What kind of vehicle do you have? Don't be shy and post some pictures.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Kinda last minute but Sat and part of Sunday a few TB guys with jeeps n such are gonna camp and play around at Interlake if anyone is nearby

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
You guys in Indiana have something out of the ordinary going on up there. Everyone I know from that place is "unique". The Indiana influence on things seems to only be outdone by Texas, and California.

I've spent some time in the Elgin and Indianapolis areas a few years ago, and with the exception of the Lake Effect Snow, and -20 degree winter days we dealt with, I found it an interesting place, with VERY interesting people.

Last edited:

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

You guys in Indiana have something out of the ordinary going on up there. Everyone I know from that place is "unique". The Indiana influence on things seems to only be outdone by Texas, and California.

I've spent some time in the Elgin and Indianapolis areas a few years ago, and with the exception of the Lake Effect Snow, and -20 degree winter days we dealt with, I found it an interesting place, with VERY interesting people.

Us Hoosiers are a special kind haha

Reactions: RiverCityDave

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

That us alright! Also the only place where the seasons change every 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiverCityDave

xKennyx

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

I'm Kenny. I'm 28 years old. I drive a 2001 XJ. 3" of lift with 31" BFG A/T's. I've taken the XJ out to the Bad Lands before and done some pretty harrowing stuff, but she's my DD so I'm trying not to jack her up too much. More into casual trails, creek crossing, lightweight stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: Seadog and Steve

Dustin Nisley

Rank 0

Contributor I

This place is awesome!! This is one of my first posts. I live in Bristol, IN and drive a 2012 tundra. i am trying to get started in overlanding, but with 2 little kids its tough. so hopefully i get to meet up with some of you.

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

This place is awesome!! This is one of my first posts. I live in Bristol, IN and drive a 2012 tundra. i am trying to get started in overlanding, but with 2 little kids its tough. so hopefully i get to meet up with some of you.
I'm doing it in a Tundra with a newborn :) It can be done and be enjoyable at the same time! We just spent 6 days in the Daniel Boone National Forest. Hit me up if you ever want to get together; i'm on the west side of Indy.

20160925_122338 by Cody Ash, on Flickr

Reactions: Ram12

Dustin Nisley

Rank 0

Contributor I

I'm doing it in a Tundra with a newborn :) It can be done and be enjoyable at the same time! We just spent 6 days in the Daniel Boone National Forest. Hit me up if you ever want to get together; i'm on the west side of Indy.

20160925_122338 by Cody Ash, on Flickr

Thanks Cody, I will get a hold of you if we plan to make it down there. OR if you get up this way let me know we can meet up. How does the tundra do overlanding? I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I'm in Greenwood, IN this week....

Would anyone like to meet up for coffee and to talk rigs/radios or whatever?
Also are there any cool stickers/patches for the area I can add to my rig? :)

Dayton Sweet

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Garrett, Indiana
Member #

Hi everyone, new to OB here and new to Overlanding in general. I'm 20, I drive a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. It's got a 4.5" lift and 31s atm. Been trail riding a few times but haven't gotten the chance to do it with a group. I'm from North East Indiana up around the Fort Wayne area. I'm an engineering Intern at INDOT, and finishing my junior year at Trine University, studying Civil Engineering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Welcome. I happen to be in Real Estate for INDOT and work with the FT Wayne office as well as the others. Its prolly a good spot to gain some experience for you.