Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
OK - couldn't help myself and fast-tracked the BLM routes on the map. This is nationwide. Around Boise (30 miles South) you'll see tracks that look like the image below. This is in addition to the USFS MVUM which we've had in the app for a while now. The general location of these trails around Boise is here (this link should open in the OB1 app if you have it):

43.3241, -116.6421
Overland Bound One - Overland Bound

Though I see quite a few to the East as well around MacKay. I've not travelled specifically in this area so perhaps someone else knows there area better.

Regardless, should be useful to have the BLM routes in there.

I also checked the "Expedition" box on your account so you can try out offline features and track recording (route planning coming soon). Let me know what you think! Any feedback is appreciated!

View attachment 233150
Good to know this feature is now active.Thanks @Michael

If gas wasn't so freaking expensive right now, I'd be out exploring and testing these features more
I hear you!

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Probably too far but we really enjoyed the hot springs in the Sawtooth Recreation Area. We spent over a week exploring and soaking last summer and even on the weekends we never had more than 4 other people in a hot spring with us. It was short lived as they would move on and we’d be all alone again. During the week we had them to ourselves, the prospectors would soak at around dusk but we were usually back at camp cooking dinner by the time they finished working.

Reactions: Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Probably too far but we really enjoyed the hot springs in the Sawtooth Recreation Area. We spent over a week exploring and soaking last summer and even on the weekends we never had more than 4 other people in a hot spring with us. It was short lived as they would move on and we’d be all alone again. During the week we had them to ourselves, the prospectors would soak at around dusk but we were usually back at camp cooking dinner by the time they finished working.
A little far for this trip but sounds fun for another time. Thanks!

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Re OB1, also check the BLM layer for additional info if you have not (orangish layer). Lots of folks miss that one.

BLM trails coming soon as well.
Thanks for the great info Michael... Will we see you in Redmond?

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
For all those interested, I'm planning on a trip to Dinosaur National Monument in Utah/Colo border mid August. It's an 8 hour drive (325 miles) from Boise and I only plan on spending two nights there (one day for exploring) but thinking of breaking it up into 2 x 4 hour drives with camping over night. Chava and I would love the company of anyone willing to joins us.

• Love
Reactions: M Rose

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
For all those interested, I'm planning on a trip to Dinosaur National Monument in Utah/Colo border mid August. It's an 8 hour drive (325 miles) from Boise and I only plan on spending two nights there (one day for exploring) but thinking of breaking it up into 2 x 4 hour drives with camping over night. Chava and I would love the company of anyone willing to joins us.
Dude, that's gonna be HAWT AS BAWLZ. depending on gas prices though, I'd be down for sure.

Reactions: David H

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Probably wont be able to make it, I am already planning time off in september for hunting and again in october for a wedding. And gas prices make another trip unaffordable.

Mountaintrails71

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newman Lake, Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

Just a suggestion, check out the Salmon River Valley area. I spent a week down there last year and it was great. I camped at Bayhorse lake and there is lots of open dispersed camp areas. Was awesome. Being from Yakima area and now living in Spokane and knowing the mountain ranges. It was a great place to visit.

Reactions: David H and Ceg

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I plan to go to the Boise Idaho area maybe next spring or summer. Can someone tell me of places we can diapered camp out of our rig? I would like to stay about a week checking out the area. Looks like there is some BLM land near the boarder of Oregon. Maybe some forest land in the mountains.

Thanks, Clay
Just head up into the mountains. Just about every forrest road has dispersed camping, Tirpod, Sagehen, deadwood reservoir, Grand Jean rd. If you want to stay away from people avoid McCall/Cascade.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Just a suggestion, check out the Salmon River Valley area. I spent a week down there last year and it was great. I camped at Bayhorse lake and there is lots of open dispersed camp areas. Was awesome. Being from Yakima area and now living in Spokane and knowing the mountain ranges. It was a great place to visit.
Thanks. Looks like a lot fun.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Dude, that's gonna be HAWT AS BAWLZ. depending on gas prices though, I'd be down for sure.
It's possible that if it is still HOT AS HE!!, we could move this trip to mid September when it's a bit cooler and "maybe" gas prices possibly fall...

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
It's possible that if it is still HOT AS HE!!, we could move this trip to mid September when it's a bit cooler and "maybe" gas prices possibly fall...
Thats hunting season.....

• Haha