In honor of “Sheltering in Place” post up you favorite camp photo!

• HTML tutorial

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Reactions: Inthewoods

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Reactions: Liana Lehua

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Bonus points if you can figure out where this site is.
View attachment 144778

So, Dave K, No more guesses on where this is? You gonna tell us?
I would wild-assed guess it is up in the Sierra's, Rockies, or Tetons somewhere. Obviously at elevation compared to the background between the trees. It reminds me of a spot I had in the Tetons once, with the jagged peaks up behind me.

And, if it was my campsite image you were commenting for not knowing it might suck because of photo quality, thanks!

It's one of my favorite things to do out there solo-camping for weeks on end; be in the moment and ready to create images. I'll stay up all night, night after night, making campsite images. Checking my camera screen, going back and tweaking the lighting, adjusting this or that, going back and moving my point of view, trying another shot, etc. I've worn paths in the desert sand going back and forth to my tripod.

This is another all time favorite spot, in the same part of the Chihuahuan Desert as the previous:

roaddude_XV2-milkyway-7094-1028.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

I would wild-assed guess it is up in the Sierra's, Rockies, or Tetons somewhere. Obviously at elevation compared to the background between the trees. It reminds me of a spot I had in the Tetons once, with the jagged peaks up behind me.

And, if it was my campsite image you were commenting for not knowing it might suck because of photo quality, thanks!

It's one of my favorite things to do out there solo-camping for weeks on end; be in the moment and ready to create images. I'll stay up all night, night after night, making campsite images. Checking my camera screen, going back and tweaking the lighting, adjusting this or that, going back and moving my point of view, trying another shot, etc. I've worn paths in the desert sand going back and forth to my tripod.

This is another all time favorite spot, in the same part of the Chihuahuan Desert as the previous:

View attachment 145011

This picture is one of my favorites... I so want to download it and have prints made to hang on my wall... wow, just breath taking.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

This picture is one of my favorites... I so want to download it and have prints made to hang on my wall... wow, just breath taking.
Thanks, man!

Yeah, the resolution and size presented online is not really suitable for printing. Any decent print shop will not print an image with copyright management info on it, either, and printing it yourself would be wrong. It affects pro photographers in that it then displays an inferior print and robs them of their own print sales.

One of the things I have plans to do more of during this self-isolation time is to proof and print a number of images for print sales, positive-vibe online giveaways, and to have with me once I get back on the road for in-person print sales. Keep an eye on my site, sign up for the newsletter, or send me an email address in DM if you want to be kept apprised.

Thanks again, I appreciate you saying the image is one of your favorites.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks, man!

Yeah, the resolution and size presented online is not really suitable for printing. Any decent print shop will not print an image with copyright management info on it, either, and printing it yourself would be wrong. It affects pro photographers in that it then displays an inferior print and robs them of their own print sales.

One of the things I have plans to do more of during this self-isolation time is to proof and print a number of images for print sales, positive-vibe online giveaways, and to have with me once I get back on the road for in-person print sales. Keep an eye on my site, sign up for the newsletter, or send me an email address in DM if you want to be kept apprised.

Thanks again, I appreciate you saying the image is one of your favorites.
I wouldn’t really download and print your picture. I know it’s your livelihood. I just wanted you to know that I think it’s a stellar picture worth way more than just 1,000 words. DM on the way.

Dave K

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Tracy California, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
K
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PXJ

View attachment 145011

Up in the Sierra off of 108. 9k feet. A favorite spot of mine. End of a fairly known but not overly traveled trail.

And it was definitely your campsite I was commenting on. Your pics are always great.