IAMJAKE'S | Trailer | 1965 Military M416 B1

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I've been looking at getting a trailer and finally picked one up today! It's a 1965 Military M416 B1. She is rocking a 2000 watt outback power inverter, 4 optima blue tops, 160-watt solar power charging. Dexter D35 axle. I'm going to throw the same wheels and tires on her and get the pintle hook receiver modified to allow the rear tire carrier to remain functional with the Trailer attached. And of course paint it the same color as Jade eventually

Jade's new trailer  12-1-2017.jpg
Jade's new trailer (8)  12-1-2017.jpg Jade's new trailer (9)  12-1-2017.jpg Jade's new trailer (7)  12-1-2017.jpg Jade's new trailer (6)  12-1-2017.jpg Jade's new trailer (4)  12-1-2017.jpg Jade's new trailer (3)  12-1-2017.jpg Jade's new trailer (5)  12-1-2017.jpg
So, I'll be making some changes and improvements which will be my build to make it my own!

Last edited:

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
Hi, I'm Jake! I am currently on a 50 state road trip and live out of my 94 YJ Jeep Wrangler, Jade. I also video document my travels and you can see them here -https://www.youtube.com/iamjake Jade has undergone 4 transformations since I began. Space has been tight but has been okay for me and my Jeep dog Annie! I now have a girlfriend who'll join me and Jade was not equipped to have a passenger along! So I most recently completed an interior custom fabrication that included adding back in a passenger seat, an interior sleeping platform, added a 12volt refrig/freezer...and space is still tight so I've been looking at getting a trailer. Well, I finally picked one up today, 12-01-2017! I'm currently visiting state #5 Arizona and found one on my travels. It's a 1965 Military M416 B1. Below are photos. It also came with lots of extra goodies which will serve my purpose of being off-grid for longer periods of time.
View attachment 41326
Let me tell you about the extra's it came with!

High clearance, off-road, rugged trailer.
Dexter axle with electric brakes and manual parking brake.
New leaf springs.
Custom aluminum lockable top w/gas struts - removable too!
4 - installed 40-watt Kyocera solar panels
4 - AGM Optima Blue Top batteries
1 - Outback FX 2012 T Inverter (2000 AC watts 12-volt system)
2 - 110-volt outlet with LVD
1 - 110-volt inlet plug for fast battery charging via inverter built-in charger.
1 - 12-volt outlet with LVD
Morningstar charge controller.
Bogart Engineering battery monitor
Midnite battery monitor also present
Original pintle hitch/stand.
Off-road tires like new with a lug pattern that matches Jade’s (94 Wrangler).
Propane tank too!
Currently licensed!

Here are some add'l pics

View attachment 41329 View attachment 41330 View attachment 41331 View attachment 41332 View attachment 41333 View attachment 41334 View attachment 41337
So, I'll be making some add'l changes and improvements which will be my build to make it my own! More improvements coming soon!
Fantastic Jake! But see what happens...add a woman,add a new closet!!! This is just the beginning........

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi, I'm Jake! I am currently on a 50 state road trip and live out of my 94 YJ Jeep Wrangler, Jade. I also video document my travels and you can see them here -https://www.youtube.com/iamjake Jade has undergone 4 transformations since I began. Space has been tight but has been okay for me and my Jeep dog Annie! I now have a girlfriend who'll join me and Jade was not equipped to have a passenger along! So I most recently completed an interior custom fabrication that included adding back in a passenger seat, an interior sleeping platform, added a 12volt refrig/freezer...and space is still tight so I've been looking at getting a trailer. Well, I finally picked one up today, 12-01-2017! I'm currently visiting state #5 Arizona and found one on my travels. It's a 1965 Military M416 B1. Below are photos. It also came with lots of extra goodies which will serve my purpose of being off-grid for longer periods of time.
View attachment 41326
Let me tell you about the extra's it came with!

High clearance, off-road, rugged trailer.
Dexter axle with electric brakes and manual parking brake.
New leaf springs.
Custom aluminum lockable top w/gas struts - removable too!
4 - installed 40-watt Kyocera solar panels
4 - AGM Optima Blue Top batteries
1 - Outback FX 2012 T Inverter (2000 AC watts 12-volt system)
2 - 110-volt outlet with LVD
1 - 110-volt inlet plug for fast battery charging via inverter built-in charger.
1 - 12-volt outlet with LVD
Morningstar charge controller.
Bogart Engineering battery monitor
Midnite battery monitor also present
Original pintle hitch/stand.
Off-road tires like new with a lug pattern that matches Jade’s (94 Wrangler).
Propane tank too!
Currently licensed!

Here are some add'l pics

View attachment 41329 View attachment 41330 View attachment 41331 View attachment 41332 View attachment 41333 View attachment 41334 View attachment 41337
So, I'll be making some add'l changes and improvements which will be my build to make it my own! More improvements coming soon!
Love the trailer Jake!!!....does it get a name?

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

You know, I believe it does! Any suggestions?
piggyback [ pig-ee-bak ]
Main Entry: add
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: adjoin, increase; make further comment
Synonyms: affix, annex, ante, append, augment, beef up, boost, build up, charge up, continue, cue in, figure in, flesh out, heat up, hike, hike up, hitch on, hook on, hook up with, include, jack up, jazz up, join together, pad, parlay, piggyback, plug into, pour it on, reply, run up, say further, slap on, snowball, soup up, speed up, spike, step up, supplement, sweeten, tack on, tag....So I think I found one that's kind of fitting not only to your new situation but shares your name and your loves. It also follows the J name theme....its Jazzy (jazz up) ...just a thought

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
I've been looking at getting a trailer and finally picked one up today! It's a 1965 Military M416 B1. She is rocking a 2000 watt outback power inverter, 4 optima blue tops, 160-watt solar power charging. Dexter D35 axle. I'm going to throw the same wheels and tires on her and get the pintle hook receiver modified to allow the rear tire carrier to remain functional with the Trailer attached. And of course paint it the same color as Jade eventually

View attachment 41326
So, I'll be making some changes and improvements which will be my build to make it my own!
I LOVE the trailer Jake!
Looks like the perfect place to mount a RTT.

ob_explore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, LA 70507 US
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

piggyback [ pig-ee-bak ]
Main Entry: add
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: adjoin, increase; make further comment
Synonyms: affix, annex, ante, append, augment, beef up, boost, build up, charge up, continue, cue in, figure in, flesh out, heat up, hike, hike up, hitch on, hook on, hook up with, include, jack up, jazz up, join together, pad, parlay, piggyback, plug into, pour it on, reply, run up, say further, slap on, snowball, soup up, speed up, spike, step up, supplement, sweeten, tack on, tag....So I think I found one that's kind of fitting not only to your new situation but shares your name and your loves. It also follows the J name theme....its Jazzy (jazz up) ...just a thought
Or "PiggyJack". Haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

It'd be great to meet you guys if you get near Louisiana. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
We'd like that!

If you haven’t already, please complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

Thank you for your support and for following my journey!

Reactions: ob_explore