Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Sheridan wyoming
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Cattaneo
Member #

Hey guys! Awesome thread and great rigs! Getting some great ideas for my build here!
Well here we go. She is getting a little old but I have only had her a year. 2004 ram 2500 cummins. She has the 6 speed manual and limited slip difs front and rear.

I got her with the Bradford Built flatbed all rusty and glorious. Painted that (bed liner) and mounted two yard sale special tool boxes to her. Have all of my tools and gear, room for camping goodies, and am working on my third battery setup with solar and on board air.

I just got done leveling the front with simple 3 inch spacers, but I also added on Carli signature series shocks with Thuren upper and lower control arms and drag link. Ordering Thurens rear shackles to lift the back up to match, and Carli shocks for it as well. Rocking 37" Toyos (also second hand. Sue me tires are expensive!)

In the process of custom building a front mount for a used DV8 bumper of a 2018 ram 1500 with winch mount, and a whole lot of lights.

I also swapped out the front seats for some leather captains chairs from a ford van, and have an 80 gallon fuel tank in the bed that feeds via a second pump and filter right into the main tank. On a bad day I have roughly 1200 miles of range. Give or take 50. Hope you like it!!!
So good! I wish I could fit a bigger tank on my Power Wagon. That's the PWs greatest flaw (besides no diesel option).
Would there be no room in the bed for a transfer style tank? Takes bed space sure but they make some that are a toolbox and tank in one.

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
Would there be no room in the bed for a transfer style tank? Takes bed space sure but they make some that are a toolbox and tank in one.
I put some cans up on my bed rack, but still doesn't compare having the built in tanks the diesels can get. I would pay big money for one of the aftermarket tank companies to do something for our gas trucks.

Reactions: JDCarguy

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

So I already threw this up in the what did you do today thread, but I like this area better.

I installed a cap on my truck. I have been looking for sometime, as my idea of bedslide ,toolbox and short tonneau cover proved a poor combination.
I really didnt want to get rid of the bed slide and i really wanted good storage for camping so my wife finally came on board after a late winter adventure and I have been searching in earnest the last month. So to list the mods I have done since purchasing the 2016 rebel at the end of may last year are as follows:
Level in front
Bed slide
Air bags ( for towing camper)
Weather guard tool box (now for sale) with shortened tonneau cover
Side steps
TYT 12000Lb Winch with mount I built
and this weekend Cap
Leer 100XL

Happy happyRebel Cap.jpg

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
So I already threw this up in the what did you do today thread, but I like this area better.

I installed a cap on my truck. I have been looking for sometime, as my idea of bedslide ,toolbox and short tonneau cover proved a poor combination.
I really didnt want to get rid of the bed slide and i really wanted good storage for camping so my wife finally came on board after a late winter adventure and I have been searching in earnest the last month. So to list the mods I have done since purchasing the 2016 rebel at the end of may last year are as follows:
Level in front
Bed slide
Air bags ( for towing camper)
Weather guard tool box (now for sale) with shortened tonneau cover
Side steps
TYT 12000Lb Winch with mount I built
and this weekend Cap
Leer 100XL

Happy happy
Bed slide will be my next big purchase. I postponed it when I bought my awning setup last week.

Reactions: Mekcanix

DieselRamOverlander

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thissell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMP824
Reactions: JDCarguy

DieselRamOverlander

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thissell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMP824
Wow!!!!! there are some beautiful Ram Rigs here!!!! glad to see my fam showing all the Tacoma's that us big bodies can have just as much fun as them!!! Here's mine... I gotta get through all my pix, and upload some more, but here is my most recent trip up to Bald Mountain up North East of Shaver lake...

Attachments