AM81

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Supply, Brunswick County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Milligan
2003 Dodge 2500 Regency gas 200,000 miles and counting. I’ve only had the truck since August of 2020 up graded the steps added a cover on bed on board air, cheep roof rack for now and a diy bed slide. Many upgrades to come including winch/bumper, bed-rack, rooftop tent, custom roof rack, suspension and steering upgrades and re-gear with lockers!!

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
2003 Dodge 2500 Regency gas 200,000 miles and counting. I’ve only had the truck since August of 2020 up graded the steps added a cover on bed on board air, cheep roof rack for now and a diy bed slide. Many upgrades to come including winch/bumper, bed-rack, rooftop tent, custom roof rack, suspension and steering upgrades and re-gear with lockers!!
Nice! Very capable rig.
Enjoy those upgrades!

Reactions: AM81

Nomad326

Rank III

Enthusiast I

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wolpert
Member #

I've only just started working on the new truck that's replacing a GMC Canyon I have 210,000 miles on:

This is a brand new '21 Ram 1500 limited Diesel. I have new wheels and tires going on Tomorrow and a frontrunner rack going over the cab very shortly after that. Since these photos, that only thing I've been able to do was replace the god-awful dealer mudflaps.

20210330_152956.jpg20210421_162413.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

Nomad326

Rank III

Enthusiast I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wolpert
Member #

I've only just started working on the new truck that's replacing a GMC Canyon I have 210,000 miles on:

This is a brand new '21 Ram 1500 limited Diesel. I have new wheels and tires going on Tomorrow and a frontrunner rack going over the cab very shortly after that. Since these photos, that only thing I've been able to do was replace the god-awful dealer mudflaps.

View attachment 199132
It's amazing the difference a pair of wheels can make in the look of a truck...

20210523_140239.jpg

Nomad326

Rank III

Enthusiast I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wolpert
Member #

Hell yeah!!! they look great!!! and completely change the look!!! those are simulated bead locks right??
Yea. They're simulated They're the Fuel Covert 18x9's with a -12 offset. They do make a bead lock version, but only in a 17" wheel which doesn't fit over the calipers.

At least now I can get it off road and not worry about every pothole I come across! Just in time for memorial day weekend :)

Reactions: DieselRamOverlander

DieselRamOverlander

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thissell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMP824
Yea. They're simulated They're the Fuel Covert 18x9's with a -12 offset. They do make a bead lock version, but only in a 17" wheel which doesn't fit over the calipers.

At least now I can get it off road and not worry about every pothole I come across! Just in time for memorial day weekend :)
I just saw that on their website..... again..... serving the mid and small truck communities... I love my wheels, but after REALLY needing to air down below 20 psi for the sand in Pismo, then getting stuck in the last bit of snow up Bald Mt. I gotta get me some bead locks.... so 18's are the lowest we can go due to the calipers then??

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I just saw that on their website..... again..... serving the mid and small truck communities... I love my wheels, but after REALLY needing to air down below 20 psi for the sand in Pismo, then getting stuck in the last bit of snow up Bald Mt. I gotta get me some bead locks.... so 18's are the lowest we can go due to the calipers then??
Some 17s will work on the 2500s. I am not sure about 1500s. I am running 17" Raceline Avengers (not beadlock version) on my 2020 2500. They need to be mindful of where they put the wheel weights.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
On the HeftyDuty and classic 1500s (09 to 21) you can go to a 17. The 2019 + DT 5th Gen RAM like @Nomad326 has...18 is the smallest that can be put on...and then very few of those will work.

Or to simplify...a 5 lug or 8 lug RAM can use a 17 inch rim. 6 lug RAM can use an 18 inch rim...but it is a very specific few that will work.

DieselRamOverlander

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thissell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMP824
Some 17s will work on the 2500s. I am not sure about 1500s. I am running 17" Raceline Avengers (not beadlock version) on my 2020 2500. They need to be mindful of where they put the wheel weights.
if clearance for wheel weights were an issue I would probably go with balance beads... I tried to save a buck once, and as soon as they rolled the truck off the lift they all popped off....lol... never trying that again...

Reactions: Brewbud

DieselRamOverlander

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thissell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMP824
On the HeftyDuty and classic 1500s (09 to 21) you can go to a 17. The 2019 + DT 5th Gen RAM like @Nomad326 has...18 is the smallest that can be put on...and then very few of those will work.

Or to simplify...a 5 lug or 8 lug RAM can use a 17 inch rim. 6 lug RAM can use an 18 inch rim...but it is a very specific few that will work.
yeah.... I'm thinking I'm gonna run 18's when I do find the money to get my bead locks... I don't want to mess with break caliper clearance issues!!!

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
17s are what come on the Power Wagons.

I also had a 5th gen 1500 and 18's are your best bet not to run into clearance issues with the bigger brakes they run.

You'd be surprised at how much you can air down without bead locks. As standard practice, I air down to ~18psi with my 17" wheels with 35" tires and would feel fine going down to 15psi if I wanted. This is on an 8,000 lb truck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brewbud

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

17s are what come on the Power Wagons.

I also had a 5th gen 1500 and 18's are your best bet not to run into clearance issues with the bigger brakes they run.

You'd be surprised at how much you can air down without bead locks. As standard practice, I air down to ~18psi with my 17" wheels with 35" tires and would feel fine going down to 15psi if I wanted. This is on an 8,000 lb truck.
Agree. I have often run 18 psi or lower at Glamis with my heavy trucks (17s and 37s with no bead locks). My LJ I run 12psi or lower.

Reactions: AnthonyD1978