I want to see the Rams

• HTML tutorial

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

2020 RAM 2500 Cumins w/ Carli Dominator Suspension

Nice truck! I have Carli 2.5s on my 2007 and have them on order for my 2020. How do you like having the coils in the rear? It was one of my worries when I bought the 2020. I like the bag setup. Which one is it?

Reactions: Kelly

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Nice truck! I have Carli 2.5s on my 2007 and have them on order for my 2020. How do you like having the coils in the rear? It was one of my worries when I bought the 2020. I like the bag setup. Which one is it?
There is no better ride than coils. The Carli springs are softer, and will sag under load (trailer). The Air Lift bags only connect on top (cradles required), so you don't lose articulation.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

There is no better ride than coils. The Carli springs are softer, and will sag under load (trailer). The Air Lift bags only connect on top (cradles required), so you don't lose articulation.
Do you get any wag pulling the trailer? It is killing me driving mine around stock. I have the full pintop on order but it looks like I won't be getting the suspension until February at the earliest.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Do you get any wag pulling the trailer? It is killing me driving mine around stock. I have the full pintop on order but it looks like I won't be getting the suspension until February at the earliest.
No wag here, but my trailer only weighs 6,000lbs. Still waiting for my torsion sway bars (back ordered).

Reactions: Brewbud

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I have one of the swaybars on order too. I don't tow much but I am gonna look into the airbag setup.

TheMortells

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Edgewater, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mortell
Member #

Recently switched from a 2014 GMC Sierra over to a 2020 RAM 2500, was planning on waiting a year or two before putting the AEV Prospector uplift kit on it but made it a whole month before shipping the truck to AEV for the upgrades. So far I am very impressed with the build quality coming from AEV. We also got a Scout Olympic slide in camper, our goal is to live full time out of the camper at some point in the next year for 6-12 months.

IMG_20201109_115939.jpgTheMortells3.jpg

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Here's mine as it sits. It's a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4. Just getting into the overlanding thing so I expect some additions once I figure our what it needs. I recently added the Leitner Designs rack and updated the old Hella halogens lights to these Baja Designs LP6s. I've had this truck since new and I love it and look forward to pivoting it's use to overlanding.

Suspension is a mixed bag of ThurenFab (King 2.5s) and Carli and has served this truck well for more than a decade. The Megacab is huge and makes those 37" BFGs look small.

Megacab 2.JPG

Last edited:

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
Recently switched from a 2014 GMC Sierra over to a 2020 RAM 2500, was planning on waiting a year or two before putting the AEV Prospector uplift kit on it but made it a whole month before shipping the truck to AEV for the upgrades. So far I am very impressed with the build quality coming from AEV. We also got a Scout Olympic slide in camper, our goal is to live full time out of the camper at some point in the next year for 6-12 months.

View attachment 179115View attachment 179116
Love this thing! Getting mine done as we speak, you have a great looking set up!

Reactions: TheMortells

Nick_t83

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Gainesville, FL
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Tilliman
Member #

This is my girl Black Betty. She's a 2019 Power Wagon. She needs some work still, but things are in progress with her though. Waiting on my bed rack to finally come in, so I can attach my RTT. I'm gonna do a few other things too, and also looking for some good ideas to add to her.

Attachments