I want to see the Rams

• HTML tutorial

RParker762

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

My new to me RAM. Traded my 2013 2wd quad cab express w/ 186k miles for this 2013 4x4 Crew cab Laramie w/ 86k miles. Hoping to start building it up after New Years. If anyone can tell what kind of Fuel wheels these are, I'd sure like to know. Thinking of trading the wheels and tires for a set of 17's. These are nice but rougher off road than I like. Also they are HEAVY.

So far, plans include: aforementioned wheels and tire swap, replace nerf bars for sliders, probably just a 2.5" lift ( have a 4.5" lifted XJ for crazier stuff ), bed rack. Living arrangements will be a trailer.

Flippo

Rank I

Traveler I

Birmingham, Al
First Name
Reed
Last Name
Flippo
Member #

B972C3E6-B7A8-4F39-B962-E77596D9C2B8.jpeg
This is my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Laramie. Looking forward to the project.
Current Mods:
-2.5” RC leveling kit
-2” RC wheel spacers
-35x12.50r20 BFG KO2
-Hooke Road roof rack with lights
-Craftsman full size tool box

The lights came with the rack and they aren’t the best ones out there. Looking to eventually replace them with Rigid lights.
Future mods:
-1.5” body lift
-Rear roof rack mounted led lights
-ARE camper shell
-various roof rack accessories
-etc..

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
I'm just getting started putting my ram together for our first family trip with our new addition to our family (7 month old at the moment). We're planning to head out to southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico. This rack is the first piece of equipment that went on my ecodiesel. I will have a small (<3") lift/level put on by the time we leave, 17" wheel from granite alloy on 35" KO2's. I'm very happy with the rack. It is manufactured from extruded aluminum, so accessories are very easy to attach to it using industry-standard fasteners, which don't require drilling. It is powdercoated and very sturdy. I don't know load specs but I suspect it will hold much more than some sheet metal options that I was shopping for before I found this. We aren't rooftop tent camping quite yet (I'll eventually get the wife talked into it) so for now it will serve as a foundation for a basket (possibly). I will wire area lighting to it and some rubber "grabbers" for my shovel and axe, as well as mounts for my traction boards. I love the ecodiesel powerplant, I hope to run this thing until the motor quits on me. After that, I will definitely be looking for a low mile 2020 or newer Ram Rebel in the ecodiesel, that thing is sweet! I also chose this because of the method that it is built/assembled will allow me to resize it for future vehicles of mine, saving additional future expenses.

Ram.jpg

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
What is the brand of our camper and how do you like it?
Its a GFC. I am a big fan of it so far, its been very good with the PNW winters and rain. It still offers the ability to use the truck like a truck and security of locking up stuff for daily use.

rjralston

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ralston
I'm just getting started putting my ram together for our first family trip with our new addition to our family (7 month old at the moment). We're planning to head out to southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico. This rack is the first piece of equipment that went on my ecodiesel. I will have a small (<3") lift/level put on by the time we leave, 17" wheel from granite alloy on 35" KO2's. I'm very happy with the rack. It is manufactured from extruded aluminum, so accessories are very easy to attach to it using industry-standard fasteners, which don't require drilling. It is powdercoated and very sturdy. I don't know load specs but I suspect it will hold much more than some sheet metal options that I was shopping for before I found this. We aren't rooftop tent camping quite yet (I'll eventually get the wife talked into it) so for now it will serve as a foundation for a basket (possibly). I will wire area lighting to it and some rubber "grabbers" for my shovel and axe, as well as mounts for my traction boards. I love the ecodiesel powerplant, I hope to run this thing until the motor quits on me. After that, I will definitely be looking for a low mile 2020 or newer Ram Rebel in the ecodiesel, that thing is sweet! I also chose this because of the method that it is built/assembled will allow me to resize it for future vehicles of mine, saving additional future expenses.

View attachment 183516
Who makes your rack?

Reactions: MidwestVoyager

rjralston

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ralston
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie. Original owner with 58K miles. Since I bought the Lifetime Added Care Plus warranty I plan on keeping this truck a very long time. This is my third Ram - first 1998.5 24V 2500 4x4 and a then a 2001 1500 5.9 Short Bed 4x4. Three jeeps in my past - XJ and two YJ's. Just sold our Class C motorhome that we have been rolling over the last 17 years as the kids have moved out and my wife would rather go on a cruise than camp. Looking to solo camp in the forests, state parks and other great areas in Tennessee, Kentucky and the Great Smoky mountains. Truck is a blank slate.

My immediate plan is to get the MOPAR 2" Bilstein Lift Kit and a set of Goodyear Ultraterrain AT (275/65R20) tires on the stock wheels. Also considering the Trutrac LSD differential. Also interested in the Vice Design Hidden Winch mount. I gave myself a Napier Truck Bed Tent for Christmas that I plan on using for the first time at the end of the January. Plan on be driving mostly on Forest Service Roads for now. Will be watching this thread to learn what my next steps might be.

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4WD.jpg

Last edited:

NorCalRam

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MEU
Service Branch
Army
From my trip to Mojave, just before sunset, end of November. Just installed the Bilstein leveling kit and 35"s. Thoroughly impressed with the truck.
Next up is getting some bumpers and a winch.
Man that was a great trip, can't wait to do it again!
IMG_2818.jpg

Ramman

Rank III

Member III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1PHT
2019 ram 1500 the first pic with the front end cut out is showing the extension blocks to put cover on.

RC 3.5 in lift
General graver ATX 35s
Fuel rims
RCI bed rack
Baja designs lp6 x4

Thinking of swapping brushgaurd out for full bumper with winch.

Attachments

Carl Raymond

Rank 0

Contributor I

Phoenix AZ
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Raymond
My 16 Ram 2500 Tradesman diesel. Original owner. 120k miles... so far no problems. Carli level kit with fox 2.0 (Awesome decision) which allowed me to fit 35” Toyo MT’s. Snug top modified to fit heavy duty contractor rack. Full length Running boards are eBay special...and are actually fantastic. President something CB with tuned 60” whip. Fully carpeted bed rug and built out overlanding bed and full length drawer system in back (under bed platform) with multiple 12v power outlet “station” in shelves. Back seat comes with full size 2.5 y.o. Australian Shepherd... easily my best addition to the truck. And no, not in Alaska anymore. Lol.

A56B4593-033D-45E6-9834-E40869D71F83.jpeg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
My 16 Ram 2500 Tradesman diesel. Original owner. 120k miles... so far no problems. Carli level kit with fox 2.0 (Awesome decision) which allowed me to fit 35” Toyo MT’s. Snug top modified to fit heavy duty contractor rack. Full length Running boards are eBay special...and are actually fantastic. President something CB with tuned 60” whip. Fully carpeted bed rug and built out overlanding bed and full length drawer system in back (under bed platform) with multiple 12v power outlet “station” in shelves. Back seat comes with full size 2.5 y.o. Australian Shepherd... easily my best addition to the truck. And no, not in Alaska anymore. Lol.

View attachment 184854
Nice!