I feel like an apple freak. It's bronco release day. Ha ha.

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Toyota's FJ is hardly a fail, it's still in production and sold in many eastern nations. :smiley:
In NA it's a fail. Not that it's a bad rig, but it just did not do what they set out to do. Which was to take a big chunk of Wrangler sales. I think they screwed up. They should have made a true 2 door, and a true 4 door. the the stupidcide doors. I hate those on trucks, and anything else.

Reactions: grubworm

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

I'm not usually excited about anything new and not in the market to buy, but this one has me curious on how close to the mark they get.
Let' hope it is not a lot of gadgets, gizmos, cupholders, badges and looks over a ho-hum chassis.

sgthusk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

1773 Steward Harbough Road, Williamsburg, Ohio 45176, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Huskey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W8JWH
Am I the only one who is excited to see what the bronco is all about?
Very excited!!! Hope they nail it!
I’m a Pipefitter at a Ford plant and it has been driving me crazy that Ford has not had anything on the market like this. The Escape and Explorer are just not what they should be in my opinion.
I do like my Escape and go some amazing places with it. But I hope the Broncos fill the hole Ford has had for too long. I’ll give it a couple years to work out the bugs and see what kind of after market there will be. And in the current political environment it’s hard to tell how long they will be able to keep making an off road type vehicle. So we’ll just wait a little while and see what happens.
And I hope there will be a hybrid that is capable and offer a long driving range and generator function. Like they’ve added to the f150 lineup.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
^^^^^^^ In response to a couple postings above ^^^^^^^

The FJC was built as a modern rendition of the iconic FJ40. The original FJ40 was never marketed as a family vehicle, it was marketed as a utilitarian vehicle. The same holds true for the FJC.

To think someone could look at a FJC (and buy it) thinking it's a good family vehicle is absurd! It was built as a capable one or two person utility vehicle, just like an FJ40. The rear doors are referred to as access doors, nothing more.

Yes, there is a backseat for the rare times you need room for an extra person, just like the FJ40 had rear seats along both side windows. Neither were intended for daily use hauling a family around. The rear seat bottoms on an FJC have hand knobs on them for easy removal because of this.

The FJC was a concept car that was introduced at the 2003 North American International Auto Show, and approved for production after positive consumer response.

The Jeep Wrangler was NEVER a target vehicle, in concept, in design, or in production. This is well documented in interviews with the FJC's head designer and many Toyota engineers.

But hey ............... haters will be haters and that's OK. :smiley:
Not a hater here. If there were examples here that were not total rust buckets for a decent price I would own one for my son, he's driving a corolla now, however.....that's not the case. I think they are super cool other than they look extremely wide and those dumb rear doors.

Reactions: Louiston

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

I think they're gonna do pretty okay with it. Obviously I wish it would have a solid front end, but that's not happening.

The fact they have a true 2 door, and a 4 door is already a good sign. Swcondly removable doors/roof is good too. we'll see that the rest holds!

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
The vehicle Ford really needs to go after to generate sales numbers is the 4Runner. The biggest reason that the 4 runner does even remotley as well as it does is that its one of the only family size suv's with actual offroad capability.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Cracks me up that so many folks are hoping it doesn't have a lot of gizmos...

Mention a Nissan Frontier and people complain that it's 15 years old without a bunch of gizmos...

I love my truck. Hope the Bronco isn't "Blazered" or "Pathfindered". And yeah... no first years for me!

Reactions: Downs

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I started to lose interest when they started using a computer to meter fuel supply. When bluetooth became more important than colour I quit caring but since the clutch has disappeared..... there is no reason to care. I care as much about new cars in 2021 as the latest tampex products.

EDIT...

OK I apologize.... Ford Nailed It !!!

Last edited:

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

lmao. it's 2021, what did you expect?

They have some amazing stuff packed into these lil things. Definitely going to give Jeep a run for there money.

Few small bits of info

Base Bronco starting at $28,500. you can option the base model with 35" tires and front + rear lockers. you do NOT need a higher trim level for this.
7 Speed Manual trans an option
Towing capacity is 3,500 lbs for BOTH 2 door and 4 door.
Payload capacity is 1,370 lbs. (higher than Jeeps)
Bronco Sport starts at $26,660.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

And a 94:1 Crawl Ratio.
The Rubicon is only 73:1.

I haven't seen a Granny Low Crawler 1st gear since the 1970s.

They asked Wrangler owners what they did not like.... and fixed it all.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I want to see if I can get my hands one one for a sema build

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I like them both.....alot.

EDIT: Pluses, 12 inch screen with 360 view, true off road navigation out of the box, available lockers front and rear with 35" tires on all trim models, what looks to be a great suspension setup. Removable tops / doors on big models. The sport model has lots going for it too.

Minuses? I don't have the coin for both right now. Ha ha. I am just going to pretend I never saw all of that and drive the wheels of our jeeps until they die!

Last edited:

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I honestly can't see something that they missed. I noticed when they mentioned available factory upgrades i saw higher end front tow hooks, front doors with the centers cut out.. I think the only question i have is can you run Gaia Maps on the built in console instead of whatever map program they have, LOL. They damn near checked every single box. If this thing is reliable and priced right, they have a gold mine ahead of them. Another thing i noticed after watching it again. They have a built in Rail for Ram Mount type accessories on the top of the dash all the way across. LOVE IT!

Last edited: