I feel like an apple freak. It's bronco release day. Ha ha.

• HTML tutorial

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
If it is anything at all like the new Defender then I’m out. If it is more like the INEOS Grenadier then there is reason for my excitement.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Super stoked. Not in the market for it but if I was it would be on the top of my list. I do share the sentiment though of i'd rather buy model year 2 or 3. If nothing else other than the features they are sure to add.

billum v2.0

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flyover Country
Member #

Mildly curious to see how much of the lengthy marketing hype Ford delivers.

And what it actually looks like vs. all the renditions.

Not a fanboy or hater...........hope Ford sells bucket loads of them and FCA has to actually build something competitive......

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I was hoping it would have been fullsize like the fake pics years ago. My 91 Bronco XLT was by far my favorite vehicle I've owned. It was simply perfect all around. I guess except for fuel mileage..

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Mildly curious to see how much of the lengthy marketing hype Ford delivers.

And what it actually looks like vs. all the renditions.

Not a fanboy or hater...........hope Ford sells bucket loads of them and FCA has to actually build something competitive......
I am both a Jeep and Ford Fan. I drive jeeps because they slot into what we are doing with our vehicles. I am very excited to see what ford offers in both the Bronco and sport. Jeep better be on their toes. That being said, The rest have to build something competitive. Jeep is in the lead by miles compared to anything else. Toyota tried with the FJ. Failed. GM tried with the hummer. Failed. Ford better have something with some decent off road chops, and not a mile and a half wide or they will fail too!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I feel like I am waiting to see what is behind door number 2. I am not a player but I would see what they come out with. My fear is it will a mall crawler full of electronics.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Grindstone

Rank 0

Contributor II

Mustang, OK, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
M
Wife is interested, I think it has some neat features. I'd think it would be a fun toy to hit local OHV parks, but the Taco is the overlanding rig for us.
I'd buy a Ford over a Jeep any day. But never first-year releases, as has been said.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Their forum is the only other auto-related forum I've seen to be similar to OverlandBound...looks like their membership is a bit more pricey though...

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I hold a very strong anti-Ford mentality since my old man was a hard core Chevrolet guy, but I am genuinely interested in the Bronco. I hope it shakes the industry and forces Jeep and Toyota into a bit of product development.

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Jeep's response so far has been to tease a 392 hemi in a Rubicon Wrangler with 35's and a winch.
Lifelong Jeeper here. I also sell Jeeps for a living. I absolutely welcome the Bronco as a competitor! I genuinely feel that they have taken our JKU/JLU and stolen most of their design cues, but that's the name of the game in competition I suppose. Jeep definitely has something no other OEM does, and that's consistency. The aftermarket availability is better for Jeep than any other marque. Ford will have an uphill battle on their hands if they really think they will take any market share from Jeep, but the competition is good, and can only elevate the offroading experience. Let's be honest though- they aren't reinventing the wheel here....

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I am both a Jeep and Ford Fan. I drive jeeps because they slot into what we are doing with our vehicles. I am very excited to see what ford offers in both the Bronco and sport. Jeep better be on their toes. That being said, The rest have to build something competitive. Jeep is in the lead by miles compared to anything else. Toyota tried with the FJ. Failed. GM tried with the hummer. Failed. Ford better have something with some decent off road chops, and not a mile and a half wide or they will fail too!
Toyota's FJ is hardly a fail, it's still in production and sold in many eastern nations. :smiley:
My 2014 FJ 6mt was awesome, then I had children. . . And the fail hit. HARD. The suicide doors creating a trap with an infant seat, the inability to adjust the driver’s seat properly with said seat installed, the discomfort after 8 hr drives due to the shoddy seats now forced to be improperly adjusted.

Looked at a new 4runner and Tacoma same shortcomings. 5yrs later models.

My nearly vintage D1 has loads more comfort, returns the EXACT same fuel economy, and fits the children’s seats beautifully all while being equally as capable off road.

Can’t wait to see the new bronco after borrowing the BIL’s new raptor for a week to check it out.