Hurricane creek to max patch NC

• HTML tutorial

skeeter81

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all I am going to go wheeling and camping up hurricane creek near Asheville NC tomorrow and will be up there until Thursday. If anyone is going to be in the area or would like to come out please feel free to contact me. It would be great to meet up with some other overlanders if anyone is around! Thanks and happy wheeling!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: kopper99 and Louie

kopper99

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Indian Trail, NC, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Klemas
Member #

October 18 19 20 me the wife and the dogs are thinking about going up that way. Anyone wanna join more than welcome.

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

I am currently planning put a trip with at least 4 rigs and around 10 people for November 10-12 which is on veterans day. I've never been and am curious about the trail itself. Any help would be appreciated and and good pull of camp spots around there that we could be guided to would be a huge help. If anyone would like to join us feel free to let me know

Reactions: kopper99

gobi_recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton, NC
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carter
Member #

You mind sharing, I'm thinking about maybe going up that way early December ? I saw on the ioverlander app that it shows a camp about a mile from I40 on the trail

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

You mind sharing, I'm thinking about maybe going up that way early December ? I saw on the ioverlander app that it shows a camp about a mile from I40 on the trail
I was looking at that same spot. But it's a small spot and off the trail. No rigs would be able to fit apparently. Do you use Gaia? That's where I found mine

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

I've got 2 big group camp locations marked in my Gaia...can easily squeeze 4-5 rigs. One of them is right next to a creek bed, the other is near a gate that closes off a side fireroad.

Here's the coords of them...

The red arrow indicates the turn off of H. Creek to get to Max Patch

Last edited:

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

I've got 2 big group camp locations marked in my Gaia...can easily squeeze 4-5 rigs. One of them is right next to a creek bed, the other is near a gate that closes off a side fireroad.

You just helped out so much! Thank you!

Reactions: JOSX2

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

The trip was a success and everyone enjoyed it. Trail was fun and since it was an easy trail it didn't scare some of the Newbys that much lol. Was a good time.

Reactions: SnailBlazer

mabe855

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rural Hall, NC
Member #

Do you mind sharing your GPX files for these trails? I just downloaded the app and trying to see how it works. Thanks

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

How is this for a rwd vehicle with Cooper discoverer and a small lift?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using OB Talk mobile app
IMO....anything RWD & trails is not a good combination. Unless ya got a rig in front of you to pull ya out. There's some sections of the trail you need the front wheels under power to get ya thru some areas. nothing too crazy...but RWD will more than likely spin out on some climbs since there's nothign to help pull it up.

Reactions: FlexusGXOR

MacsDaddy

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Reidsville, NC
Member #

With the right tire a RWD would do fine. We hit the trail a few months ago and I never engaged 4x4. Just don't go alone.

sent from two turntables and a microphone. #7752

Reactions: Wilkes704

Wilkes704

Rank III

Advocate II

With the right tire a RWD would do fine. We hit the trail a few months ago and I never engaged 4x4. Just don't go alone.

sent from two turntables and a microphone. #7752
Yeah, right now I wouldn't go without another vehicle since I'm still working on saving up for good recovery items. I've added tow points to my vehicle already.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using OB Talk mobile app