• HTML tutorial

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
There is a couple that just bought this in China and are about to kit it out.

View attachment 248279
We did come across a couple on our travels and for sure they're pretty impressive.. The manufacturer (DongFeng) is popular and provides all types of vehicles. They make a H1 type that certainly looks very capable as well

image_editor_1673585993203.jpg

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
@Sea Diamond, Welcome to Overland Bound. Some beautiful countryside in your pictures, great that you can dedicated large chunks of time to your trips. Look forward to seeing more pictures and stories of your travels.
Thanks Dave...will definitely start a thread for our upcoming trip. Our trips are definitely more about hanging out in beautiful locations rather than covering territory. Our last trip was 5 months and covered 7000km. Dedicating large chunks of time...gotta love retirement ; )

Reactions: OTH Overland

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Welcome, nice pictures
Hey thanks Sara...and I see you are new here as well. So a big welcome right back at you also. Great place to spend the winter dreaming about the next adventure!

I'm always amazed at a phone's ability to capture some mighty fine photos these days...technology just keeps getting better for this point and shoot kinda guy ; )

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: zgfiredude

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
hey thanks for the warm welcomes guys...

Really lookin' forward to checking out everyone's adventures and of course posting ours. Currently we're in the early preps to head North next Spring...up towards Inner Mongolia and then make our way across to the Tibetan Plateau. Should be another half year road trip. But definitely "overlanding" by any definition of the term.

There are no State Campsites here...so camping is best done in what I call Stealth Mode. The less people know where you are is ALWAYS the better....and we tend to hang out in spots upwards to a month at times. But camping is starting to catch and I do see the gov getting involved as popularity grows.

Anyways...again thx for the welcome. I figure I'll post pics and tell our story in one of the thread categories here for those who might be interested.

Cheers
Sea Diamond
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Oh wow, that's definitely something that should be exported!
hi Mat...yes there are many cool vehicles here...but in the Province where we live they have very tight emission standards so that totally limited our options when buying.

Here's some examples from a site similar to Craigslist.

Attachments

Reactions: MazeVX

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Looks like I could very well be the first member from over here. Ran across this site a few weeks backs and I've had my nose stuck in it ever since!

Me and my miss' travel around in what's call a BJ40L 2016...kinda looks like a jeep (roof and doors come off and windshield folds down). Has a Saab 2.3l turbo coupled to an Aisin 6sp tranny and a Borgwarner transfercase.
We just got back from a 5 month journey traveling Western China along the Myanmar border towards the Tibetan Plateau. Slept in our Yakima HD rrt the entire time. An absolutely amazing adventure.

Anyways...looking forward to interacting with all the like minded folks here.

Happy New Year!

View attachment 247648
View attachment 247649
View attachment 247650
View attachment 247651
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.