How to Plan Your 4x4 Build - Motor Trend (YT)

• HTML tutorial

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
Thanks for posting that. I like the Dirt Every Day series of things but, and it might just be me, I feel they never get anywhere near the amount of time they'd like to show the bits they'd like and it ends up being condensed into a tiny little 20 minute presentation when it should have been a series of 3 or more episodes?

Reactions: archee29

archee29

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

St. Catharines, Ontario
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Lamarche
Member #

@Scarab I've just recently started watch the Dirt Every Day series, so I can't judge to much too much lol. I enjoyed the Humvee episode and definitely could've watched more.

Reactions: Scarab

druff6991

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Carlsbad NM
Member #

Thanks for posting that. I like the Dirt Every Day series of things but, and it might just be me, I feel they never get anywhere near the amount of time they'd like to show the bits they'd like and it ends up being condensed into a tiny little 20 minute presentation when it should have been a series of 3 or more episodes?
I mean it's better than what power nation/ power block does with their projects.

I'm still waiting on Ian to finish that 6x6 suburban.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I mean it's better than what power nation/ power block does with their projects.

I'm still waiting on Ian to finish that 6x6 suburban.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

There are some projects that will never be finished, and I think that Suburban is one of them.

Sometimes I think they decide not to throw good money after bad. I thought that was cool, but silly at the same time.

...and now Ian is gone from Powerblock. Interested to see who and if they replace him, or re-purpose the show.

Back on topic, I like Fred's show but it can get a little too condensed and ends up like "here's a pile of parts... *after commercial*... here's the finished rig"!

Reactions: Scarab

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
it can get a little too condensed and ends up like "here's a pile of parts... *after commercial*... here's the finished rig"!
Yeah that's exactly my take on it. I'm sure it's not him as I get the feeling he's the type of guy that'd show every bit of detail but whoever is in charge of the timing and editing gives X amount of time and devotes it to the less technical aspects.

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

I have been watching D-E-D now for a while, I really like that it is about having fun and not how much money we spend on a build. And some of the builds are totally just for the heck of it with no real reality to them.

Case in point:

Reactions: archee29