How to get member number?

• HTML tutorial

Rx4Fun

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Visalia, CA, USA
Member #

New member of a couple days here. How/where do I get my member number. I'm trying to purchase from the store but cant log in-says my login info is incorrect.
TiA
Mike

L84NAP

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

South Carolina
First Name
Nat
Last Name
Atkinson
Member #

New member of a couple days here. How/where do I get my member number. I'm trying to purchase from the store but cant log in-says my login info is incorrect.
TiA
Mike
Hi! I just did mine. It says the logins are separate for the store and the site for extra security. Hope that helpS some!

Slopitch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Helena, AL
Member #

TiA
Mike
Hey Mike, I am very frustrated with the forum/site/interactive map! Maybe we need to have more posts to become official? I sent in my $19.99 fee to get a member number and access to the interactive map but I have not seen any confirmation of that other than a welcome post or two! There is nothing on the interactive map for me to see! When you have to have two different log ins for one site, it makes it very confusing. I wish other members or the organizers were more adept at explaining how to get around on the site!

Slopitch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Helena, AL
Member #

Hi! I just did mine. It says the logins are separate for the store and the site for extra security. Hope that helpS some!
very frustrating to get around on this site, see my reply to Mike:
Hey Mike, I am very frustrated with the forum/site/interactive map! Maybe we need to have more posts to become official? I sent in my $19.99 fee to get a member number and access to the interactive map but I have not seen any confirmation of that other than a welcome post or two! There is nothing on the interactive map for me to see! When you have to have two different log ins for one site, it makes it very confusing. I wish other members or the organizers were more adept at explaining how to get around on the site!

cascadiarunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mount Shasta, CA, USA
Member #

TiA
Mike
The store and forum are different accounts, although they look similar, they use totally different software so they can't really share a login. So just create an account on the store by purchasing the membership, you will then receive an email with a code and a URL that will link your overland bound membership to your forum account.

Slopitch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Helena, AL
Member #

Thanks Cascadiarunner, but as you can see, I don't have a member number. From my email above you can read that I already purchased my membership from the store, have an account with both the store and the forum, spent $19.99 and map does not work.

cascadiarunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mount Shasta, CA, USA
Member #

Thanks Cascadiarunner, but as you can see, I don't have a member number. From my email above you can read that I already purchased my membership from the store, have an account with both the store and the forum, spent $19.99 and map does not work.
I was actually responding to the OP but I see it's a few weeks old now and looks resolved. It seems clear your membership isn't connected with your forum account yet.

You need to activate your membership, you will have an email from your purchase that says "Welcome to the Overland Bound Team!"

In that email there is a code and a link, you need to copy that code and click the link. Email should look like this:

Slopitch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Helena, AL
Member #

This is the email I got on Nov. 6. I follow the link and it takes me to the forum "new members start here". No where does it instruct me to enter an activation code.
upload_2019-2-7_18-59-21.png

Reactions: JungleSkunk

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi Slopitch. I am sorry to hear that you never received your welcome email. I am hopeful that @Chris Jones will be able to assist in sorting this out. If you need additional assistance in the future, please feel free to email info@overlandbound.com or post in the Support forum [link].

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

just saw this. I deleted your post with personal info. but I grabbed your order number and am looking into thsi

mdub

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bellingham, WA, USA
Member #

Is there some sort of waiting period after you activate your account before it shows up on your forum account? I got the email with my member number, clicked the link and entered the activation code. It seemed to work, but I still can't see the member map content and it doesn't show any member info that I can find. I tried entering the activation code again, just in case and it says it's not valid now.

EuMen77

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Eugenio
Last Name
Mendoza
Member #

I had no problem with my membership, I signed up, ordered the membership, paid and shortly after I received a confirmation with my member number. Still waiting to receive the badge but its supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow, cant wait (altho my jeep still hasnt arrived lol, ill be getting OB badge before the rig)