How many OB stickers have you used?

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Man, it seems like lately I have burnt through a TON of OB stickers... Passed out a few to some off road buddies and put a few with notes on peoples windshields telling them about OB. I'd estimate it as handing out probably 15 or so in the past month.

How many have you handed out? Or do you have another approach of telling people about OB?

I think this could be a good way of sharing ideas on how to spread the word about OB!

Reactions: Michael

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Just one, mounted on my roof basket fairing.

I'd hand them out, but I never see any vehicles around here remotely overlanding related (unless you count the two Jeeps that have a ton of polished chrome and shined up tires...)

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Just one, mounted on my roof basket fairing.

I'd hand them out, but I never see any vehicles around here remotely overlanding related (unless you count the two Jeeps that have a ton of polished chrome and shined up tires...)

We refer to them as "mall crawlers" lol

There are actually quite a lot of "overlanding" type rigs around my area and that number seems to be rising a lot lately.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I am ready to hand some out, if I see a legit overlander.

While I do agree with you, maybe you should consider handing some out to people who aren't yet a legit overlander? I'm not calling you out on it man. I just feel like it may give them a kick-start to get more involved with it, ya know?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thanks all! We really appreciate it. I also want to mention that if any of you received the "bad batch" that was not UV coated (you'll know because it will be faded), we'll replace them at no charge. Just email info@overlandbound.com and let us know!

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
While I do agree with you, maybe you should consider handing some out to people who aren't yet a legit overlander? I'm not calling you out on it man. I just feel like it may give them a kick-start to get more involved with it, ya know?
Ah, no worries. I was more referencing the go make a bunch of noise in one place until the gallon of gas and six pack of beer they brought runs out crowd. The idiots that ruin it for all of us. I'd give stickers to a ........ Honda Element owner packed up for the weekend.

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Thanks all! We really appreciate it. I also want to mention that if any of you received the "bad batch" that was not UV coated (you'll know because it will be faded), we'll replace them at no charge. Just email info@overlandbound.com and let us know!
But then it will have that ....... distressed look.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
And I do think you have an excellent point.

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I agree with this. While I am all about "spreading the love", OB stickers imply someone who is actively (or was) involved in the group. I guess I feel a sticker should be "earned".

Reactions: NorthStar96

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

I have a few that I plan on taking to the Mid-Atlantic Overland festival and handing out to try and get some awareness on the east coast. Feel free to send along more and I'll play east coast ambassador and make all kinds of new friends. :)

Reactions: rixham and murps

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I just received 10 stickers on Friday, 5 black/white and 5 black/gold. Placed two on the rig today so now I'm down to 8 stickers. :sunglasses: