How long to wait for Gobi rack? coming up on 19 weeks

• HTML tutorial

Grendel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San diego
Member #

My wife ordered hers in June and received in December, about a month after date. No complaints about communication she was able to contact them and receive call backs a few times during the process, and around the date they confirmed that it was about a month out. I also had a failed bolt on the air deflector but I didn't use the damn silver antiseize because it was getting all over everything. Other than being late (which I knew would happen) it was a great experience.

Reactions: wandering nomad

ddavismt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

East Helena, Montana, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Beth U.S. Navy
Update:
ordered 16 Aug 2018 - Received 16 Jan 2019. 21 Weeks
Got It!
Too cold to install, will wait till the weather breaks or I get to antsy to wait any longer (ya know, looking at it in the box)

Last edited:

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
A report to the Better Business Bureau might get their attention. I've used that approach a couple of times with great success with vendors with no customer service.

Those kinds of wait times sound like a scam where they are using incoming deposits to build existing orders.

ddavismt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Beth U.S. Navy
A report to the Better Business Bureau might get their attention. I've used that approach a couple of times with great success with vendors with no customer service.

Those kinds of wait times sound like a scam where they are using incoming deposits to build existing orders.
Except they don't charge until it's ready to ship.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Is that wait for everything from Gobi or just the racks? I just received my Prinsu rack (that was ordered 1-2-19 btw) and now I need a ladder. I like the Gobi ladder but don't want to wait 6 months to get it.

ddavismt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Beth U.S. Navy
Is that wait for everything from Gobi or just the racks? I just received my Prinsu rack (that was ordered 1-2-19 btw) and now I need a ladder. I like the Gobi ladder but don't want to wait 6 months to get it.
I don't know from personal experience, but I have heard that 12 - 16 weeks for accessories is common as well.
does your rack feature "no drill" install? looks like Prinsu is mostly Yoda centric

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

I don't know from personal experience, but I have heard that 12 - 16 weeks for accessories is common as well.
does your rack feature "no drill" install? looks like Prinsu is mostly Yoda centric
Indeed, no drilling at all. The 4th gen Prinsu racks mount to the factory roof rack mounting points. The 5th gen Prinsu rack used to require drilling but Prinsu now offers a no drill option for the 5th gen 4Runners as well. Yes they are mostly Toyota specific.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Still a PIA to have to wait. A letter to the BBB could still be helpful.
PIA because we have become an "instant gratification" society?

I don't think Gobi hides the fact that it will take a minimum of 12-16 weeks, if not more for delivery of their product. If you don't want to wait, find something else.

"Demanding" they provide you with a rack sooner than that seems kind of petty and entitled to me.

P.S. Diggin' the side table install on the FJ-60... Especially nice to see you enjoying cocktails off of it!

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
PIA because we have become an "instant gratification" society?

I don't think Gobi hides the fact that it will take a minimum of 12-16 weeks, if not more for delivery of their product. If you don't want to wait, find something else.

"Demanding" they provide you with a rack sooner than that seems kind of petty and entitled to me.

P.S. Diggin' the side table install on the FJ-60... Especially nice to see you enjoying cocktails off of it!
The side table is an easy project .

https://badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/fj-60-side-table/

Reactions: Welding Goats