Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ada County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Munson
Member #

New to OB, and overlanding in general. Looking for some activity in the Houston area, but we are willing to travel. I have a Jeep, and I'm building a trailer to take with us offroad, cross country, or just up the road. I'm looking for some good off the grid camping to help teach my wife and daughter that there is a world out there that isn't on there phone or iPad.

The wife and I are looking to make a 7-10 trip to Big Bend or New Mexico toward the end of summer, it would be fun to have a small group go, if schedules align.

Hope to meet some of you in the area.

Attachments

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
New to OB, and overlanding in general. Looking for some activity in the Houston area, but we are willing to travel. I have a Jeep, and I'm building a trailer to take with us offroad, cross country, or just up the road. I'm looking for some good off the grid camping to help teach my wife and daughter that there is a world out there that isn't on there phone or iPad.

The wife and I are looking to make a 7-10 trip to Big Bend or New Mexico toward the end of summer, it would be fun to have a small group go, if schedules align.

Hope to meet some of you in the area.

IDK about Houston area but that pic with the wife is great, look at the baby...LOL

Welcome!

Jim

Reactions: Trent Munson

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Love the picture with ya'll in the Jeep. Kiddo is either passed out or sun tanning her tongue. :tearsofjoy:

Trent Munson

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Trent
Last Name
Munson
Member #

From the Lake jackson area. looking to start finding places to go looking at sam houston national forest soon.
Let me know when you head up that way, I live just off of 288 south of high 6. I almost have my trailer semi camp ready. Another week or two and I should be ready to rock and roll... might even do some camping.

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

If any of you guys would make the trek down to Beaumont...come hang out.

Reactions: Trent Munson

Trent Munson

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Trent
Last Name
Munson
Member #

If any of you guys would make the trek down to Beaumont...come hang out.
Can't make it this weekend, but would definitely make the trip another time!

Reactions: Raw Xpedition

Danny Boy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntington Beach, California, United States
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Romeyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5HKQ
New OB member here in the Cypress area. I’m just starting on my Rig project but can do small trips as is. It would be cool if Houston area folks could do a monthly meetup in the Houston area and on occasion do some overnight weekend or longer trips. I know there are two different groups around the Dallas area that do that.

Side note I love going out to big bend it is a great area. I read in another post that they try and restrict big convoys of campers out there. Not sure how true that is.