Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atherley, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

I've always liked the 67 Design's dash bar but I could never really justify paying the full price, it would have been close to $300 to have shipped to me.
Now I didn't have the spare $300 kicking around, but I do have a welder and $20 for material to fab up my own.

Attachments

b1bjetmech

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maize, KS, USA
First Name
Collin
Last Name
McGinnis
Member #

I made my own too. I had already purchased the 67 Designs mount for the middle dash storage well area, and I was not keen on spending the money they were asking for the Vector mount, so I too made one. I used 1" scope mounts to mount it to the dash, and I bent the bar slightly to conform with the dash angle. I think I have about $20 in mine. Dash Bar.JPGDash Bar1.JPG

dhossk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

I made my own too. I had already purchased the 67 Designs mount for the middle dash storage well area, and I was not keen on spending the money they were asking for the Vector mount, so I too made one. I used 1" scope mounts to mount it to the dash, and I bent the bar slightly to conform with the dash angle. I think I have about $20 in mine. View attachment 138584View attachment 138585
Ouu, really nice and clean looking! Good job man!

b1bjetmech

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maize, KS, USA
First Name
Collin
Last Name
McGinnis
Member #

I used 1” OD steel tubing. I don’t remember the wall thickness, but it wasn’t very thick.

Reactions: M Rose

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Nice work, Dalton and Collin.

I went a different way, not wanting to run a bar completely across the length of the dash.

Here's mine. I piggy-backed a couple handlebar phone mounts and modified one pair of mounts to make it work.
These are very light weight with aluminum mounts and carbon fiber bars.

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Holy crap! I just found the vectorbar page. No wonder you made your own.
The vector is not that expensive IMO. The 67 Designs mounts absolutely a rip off for 100 bucks to hold my cell phone and 150 for my tablet. I have a Vector JKE Dock from Vector Off Road and use the Ram Mounts for mounting the iPad and iPhones and all the other accessories were running. That custom made one looks good I'm not going to knock it, looks really good TBH.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Very nice guys! Guess I need to get busy.....

Jim

Reactions: eagle_A40

Atlost67

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Adolph
Last Name
Lostaunau
Member #

I've always liked the 67 Design's dash bar but I could never really justify paying the full price, it would have been close to $300 to have shipped to me.
Now I didn't have the spare $300 kicking around, but I do have a welder and $20 for material to fab up my own.
Nice job

Reactions: dhossk

dhossk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

I have one. But I would much rather have the skill and tools to make my own. Great job!
I was close to buying it myself, but at the time at my local hardware store had a welder set go on sale for $199. I ended up spending more in the long run ( Welder, PPE, Material etc) But its a great hobby that I really enjoy doing. I would definitely suggest you try out!

Ctblackmon

Rank IV

Advocate III

Merryville La
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Blackmon
Member #

This is exactly what I want to do for my TJ. Vector Off-road don’t make a dash bar for mine so I’m going build one. Yours looks great!

Ctblackmon

Rank IV

Advocate III

Merryville La
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Blackmon
Member #

I made my own too. I had already purchased the 67 Designs mount for the middle dash storage well area, and I was not keen on spending the money they were asking for the Vector mount, so I too made one. I used 1" scope mounts to mount it to the dash, and I bent the bar slightly to conform with the dash angle. I think I have about $20 in mine. View attachment 138584View attachment 138585
What type of mount are you using to attach your bar to your dash

b1bjetmech

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maize, KS, USA
First Name
Collin
Last Name
McGinnis
Member #

I made a riser that was threaded on both ends - one that screwed onto the metric threads in the dash, and the other so I could screw the scope mount rings into it. The bar mount itself is 1" scope rings, with a recessed hole drilled though the bottom that uses a cap screw to thread into the riser adapter.

Reactions: Ctblackmon

Ctblackmon

Rank IV

Advocate III

Merryville La
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Blackmon
Member #

I made a riser that was threaded on both ends - one that screwed onto the metric threads in the dash, and the other so I could screw the scope mount rings into it. The bar mount itself is 1" scope rings, with a recessed hole drilled though the bottom that uses a cap screw to thread into the riser adapter.
Awesome thanks for the info. That’s a really clean looking setup.

Reactions: b1bjetmech