Delkat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Bay Area CA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AET
I have a friend that is looking to do some small upgrades to their 2018 LR4. Can anyone recommend a shop in the SF Bay Area that can do the work, preferably in the South Bay/Peninsula? Primarily they want to add slightly larger (31.5) AT tires/wheels that may require a small lift, a rack and some front mounted auxiliary lighting.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Corrie

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Hello Delkat (and thanks Corrie)!

Here's a list of Bay Area LR shops I've used before.

Cerrone's European
2306 El Camino Real
Redwood City, CA 94063

Euroland 4x4 Center
2520 Bayshore Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94134

Besa Quality Auto Care
2350 Webster St
Oakland, CA 94612

Oakmont Auto Care
1400 Central Rd
Suite 6
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(Ask for Colin, he's been my LR mechanic for almost 10 years)

Cheers,
-Brenton
4xFar Adventures

Delkat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Bay Area CA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AET
Thanks, we talked to Cerrone's since they are closest to us. They were very helpful.

It looks like there is a 1.5" and 2.5" rod lift available for the LR4. We are going to 18" Compomotive wheels with 265/65-18 Falken AT3Ws. Any recommendation on lift options? I'm not familiar with the platform enough to make a recommendation. Not sure if the 2.5" adds too much angle to the CVs?

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
Recommend the lucky8 SYA kit. 2.5 inch strut spacer and shortened rods.

1) it keeps the airbag inflated to the proper pressure necessary for a smooth ride--you're gaining height from the spacer. If you only use rods, yes, the vehicle will be higher, but only because of added air volume. Think of it as adding stiffer springs to a vehicle.

2) prevents larger wheels from stranding you when a suspension fault drops the vehicle to the bump stops.

No issues with cv axles, control arms, etc. You will have to calibrate the new height by adding 64mm to the height setting. Also, upper and lower control arm bolts need to be torqued at ride height--if you increase ride height, you need to loosen and retorque the upper control arm bolts...the lower control arms will be loosened and torqued during your new alignment.

Good choice with rims and tire size.