• HTML tutorial

OverLandCruiser76

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Venezuela
Member #

Hello,

I'm building a FZJ80 and can't decide on wheels. The truck is up for paint but I used one I found online with the color I'm choosing and photoshopped the options of wheels I like. Which one's do you guys like

This are the wheels by themselves

Sorry for the low quality on some of them, couldn't find a better picture or the right angle [emoji17][emoji17]

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Of the wheels you're considering I'd recommend the lightest one. I imagine that would be the Rays and its probably by a sizable margin. I'm a function>form guy so there's an opportunity to remove a lot of rotational mass here. Considering the shoes you'll be fitting to these will undoubtedly be heavy, every little bit helps. This is how I ended up with 15.6lb RPF1's that were just as strong if not stronger than the other wheels I was considering.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Ray 10s look great on an 80 imho and they are the strongest wheel in their lineup which would be good considering 80s are no lightweights. With the exception of the F5 rim, their rims also require some grinding to get it to fit over the 80 axle hub. But on the weight note, rotational weight does matter which is why If I was to move from my 33" tire on 16s to say 35s, I would get also move up to a 17" rim. You lose a little bit of rubber but on a 35 it wouldn't concern me. Plus many more tire sizes in a 17" vs 16".

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

I might be wrong but isn't the 80 series LandCruiser 6 studs and your photos are of 5 stud patterns? Does it look different balancing the number of spokes with the studs?

OverLandCruiser76

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Venezuela
Member #

I might be wrong but isn't the 80 series LandCruiser 6 studs and your photos are of 5 stud patterns? Does it look different balancing the number of spokes with the studs?
That's right @Tim it does have a 6x5.5 (6x139.7) pattern. The pictures are just references I found on google, but all of them are made in that pattern and with the right offset. Actually the all are custom made to order for the size and pattern I need

Reactions: Tim