Hello! New member in SoCal - Los Angeles

• HTML tutorial

silverfstop

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Howdy All-

Here's the 2010 Touareg TDI on our most recent misadventure, on the trail to Laurel Lakes in the Eastern Sierras. The trail is beautiful, however I can't comment on the lake - stupid VW decided to get all european on us with a massive cooling system failure :(

Next up: Likely a Lexus GX. Primarily DD for 350 days/year with lots of road trips and a smattering of overlanding/offroading. My wife and I like to camp and backpack, so we view the rig as an access-pass to get closer to nature and difficult to access trails. We'll keep her stock for a little while, however I suspect tires/sliders and possibly a lift will happen in short order. We're pretty new to this and want to tip-toe into the waters. Lots of weekend trips is the plan, and hopefully Bryce Canyon next year.

Best to end on a high note, right? Here are a few better times in the Touareg:

California wildflowers earlier this spring:

Sedona this past fall (where the Touareg also had an oil pressure sensor snafu):

I will miss the color, torque and general uniqueness of the Touareg - but hot damn I'm ready for something more reliable :-/

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Howdy All-

Here's the 2010 Touareg TDI on our most recent misadventure, on the trail to Laurel Lakes in the Eastern Sierras. The trail is beautiful, however I can't comment on the lake - stupid VW decided to get all european on us with a massive cooling system failure :(

Next up: Likely a Lexus GX. Primarily DD for 350 days/year with lots of road trips and a smattering of overlanding/offroading. My wife and I like to camp and backpack, so we view the rig as an access-pass to get closer to nature and difficult to access trails. We'll keep her stock for a little while, however I suspect tires/sliders and possibly a lift will happen in short order. We're pretty new to this and want to tip-toe into the waters. Lots of weekend trips is the plan, and hopefully Bryce Canyon next year.

Sedona this past fall (where the Touareg also had an oil pressure sensor snafu):

I will miss the color, torque and general uniqueness of the Touareg - but hot damn I'm ready for something more reliable :-/
Hello and Welcome! It looks like you were having a blast!

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Welcome, I am from Huntington Beach and enjoy the same adventures you are talking about. I went with a Subaru Outback with tires and a 2" lift to get me farther into the backcountry. It's working pretty well right now. Hope to see you on some trail runs sometime.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Howdy All-

Hello silverfstop and welcome to OB! Nice looking Touareg! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello from the IE...my current Jeep project will hopefully get me into some of those deeper spots for backpacking and even new areas to explore as an overlander with eventual rooftop tent.

sonicstage

Rank II

Advocate I

Howdy All-

Welcome from Burbank ca!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk