Hello Minnesotans!

• HTML tutorial

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Anyone have any trips planned for this year? Seems like some stuff is starting to open up slowly, most big events are cancelled, but we might actually be able to get out and camp, etc. now.

I just have a couple of normal camping trips planned currently. Maintenance and upgrades for the Jeep. My brother just bought a JKU, so I'm sure I'll be coaxing him into taking it offroad a couple of times.

bigearlmsp

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blaine, Minnesota, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Menard
Member #

Anyone have any trips planned for this year? Seems like some stuff is starting to open up slowly, most big events are cancelled, but we might actually be able to get out and camp, etc. now.

I just have a couple of normal camping trips planned currently. Maintenance and upgrades for the Jeep. My brother just bought a JKU, so I'm sure I'll be coaxing him into taking it offroad a couple of times.
Just got back from rolling around the Spider Lake area. Trails were a little tight and the bugs were definitely out! A few new stripes on the Silverado!

Reactions: toxicity_27

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

I want to start planning a trip to Voyager State Park. I would basically be driving from the southern most point to a very very northern part of the state lol

Last edited:

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Just got back from rolling around the Spider Lake area. Trails were a little tight and the bugs were definitely out! A few new stripes on the Silverado!
Ha yea. I went up there I think two years ago and got a lot of new pinstripes on my JKU. It's a nice easy way to get into offroading with nothing really difficult, but gets you out and about.

I want to start planning a trip to Voyager State Park. I would basically driving from the southern most point to a very very northern part of the state lol
That's kind of cool. I haven't been to Voyager since I was a kid.

Snowflake

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Minneapolis, MN, USA
First Name
Mookioe
Last Name
Tierney
The new border to border trail seems pretty awesome. There’s spurs all over it that will be fun to explore while having a more or less scenic gravel road drive through the northern part of the state. Hopefully folks will start developing more detailed trails off of the main route and we can build it up over time. Let me know if anyone is trying to go. I’m likely headed up that way in the next few weeks but would want to keep numbers pretty small for a number of reasons.

Border to Border Touring Route

Reactions: Oranger

Oranger

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hastings, MN, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZAU
Given the state of the world right now a trip up there sounds heavenly. Hope with my altered schedule at work I will get more consecutive days off so I can do a lot of one nighters.

Tim nash

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

End of June I’m driving towards the west for two weeks camping out of the truck, probably stop at Moab either on the way there or back, but if glacier national park is open my girlfriend and I will probably head that way. Not really a set plan we just kind of go and where we end up is where we end up ha

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

Ha yea. I went up there I think two years ago and got a lot of new pinstripes on my JKU. It's a nice easy way to get into offroading with nothing really difficult, but gets you out and about.

That's kind of cool. I haven't been to Voyager since I was a kid.
From Austin, it looks like it would be a 6.5 hour drive.

GCWJ

Rank 0

Traveler I

Coon Rapids, MN
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Canaday
End of June I’m driving towards the west for two weeks camping out of the truck, probably stop at Moab either on the way there or back, but if glacier national park is open my girlfriend and I will probably head that way. Not really a set plan we just kind of go and where we end up is where we end up ha
I haven't logged in here in a ...long time. I'll be heading out that way eventually this summer or fall. The WJ needs more help before I can do that so I have nothing set in stone. Eventually I'm going to have to move out near SLC for other reasons.

North Shore Scout

Rank II

Enthusiast III

my town on the north shore just put in a new camp ground but we still have some no reservation camping spots up in isabella area! sadly i am 1 of 2 night auditors and getting time off is going to be hard...

but i am still going to be working on my mountaineer!! new speakers put in and door locks now work! lol

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Are there any gatherings being planned for the near future as things begin to open up again?
Not yet. I'd like to start getting something figured out though. Either late July or August sometime? Hit me with some dates that work for you and I can start getting something planned.

Reactions: Tim nash

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

It will definitely be on a weekend since that's what would work better for me as well, and probably most people. I have to look at the calendar as I have different trips planned with family, and see what can work.