Minnesota
Member #

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

As a reminder, this is tomorrow! I've gotten about 10 responses in a different group on Facebook, and less than 5 on the OLB-Midwest Facebook group. Not sure if any of those include anyone here, but I'm expecting to see around 5-12 people based on these numbers. Will be good to put faces and names together, and hear stories from other individuals.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

About a dozen people showed up yesterday at the meet and greet. We talked about trips we've done in the past, what there is to do around Minnesota, maps and map systems, then we braved the cold to check out everyone's vehicles. Was great to meet new people, and have a fun discussion. Now I'll need to get planning for the next one.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Hi All,

I'm newish to Overland Bound and am looking froward to spring time trips. Are these any favorite trails in the greater MN area that you all would recommend?
The Border 2 Border Trail has been going through legislation for the last couple of years. A lot of what Minnesota has are trails in the state and national forests.

Overcruiser80

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Marysville Township, MN, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lee
Member #

About a dozen people showed up yesterday at the meet and greet. We talked about trips we've done in the past, what there is to do around Minnesota, maps and map systems, then we braved the cold to check out everyone's vehicles. Was great to meet new people, and have a fun discussion. Now I'll need to get planning for the next one.
Bummer, l am new to OB and miss this meet up, looking forward to the next one.

Reactions: toxicity_27

bigearlmsp

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blaine, Minnesota, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Menard
Member #

Hey! New to OLB and looking to do some adventuring this spring. Located in Blaine, so if anyone is planning something not so technical and doesn't mind a newbie tagging along, I'm in!

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Yea, going to be a bit difficult now with the current situation. Might be another few months..

Anyone got any fun trips planned for this year?

North Shore Scout

Rank II

Enthusiast III

i just started a good job back in janruary. so hopefully sometime this year ill be able to get bumpers, 2inch lift kit and then next year ill look into tires and rims! ill probably be doing some rust control too this summer. other then that i cant do much because im 1 of 2 night auditors. so time off is going to be rough...

IronRangeOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

St Paul, MN, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Sassenberg
Member #

Hell all new member here. I am in St. Paul, just picked up a 4th gen 4RUNNER and am looking forward to exploring the state. As well as meeting new people.
Happy to see how many Minnesotans are on here, I am also in St. Paul. Green as grass to wheeling solo, but excited to get out there and learn from everybody.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Hell all new member here. I am in St. Paul, just picked up a 4th gen 4RUNNER and am looking forward to exploring the state. As well as meeting new people.
Welcome! We had a meet and greet this past winter when it was super cold, and were planning to do another, but with the Stay at Home order and everything else going on we haven't gotten anything set up. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Happy to see how many Minnesotans are on here, I am also in St. Paul. Green as grass to wheeling solo, but excited to get out there and learn from everybody.
Welcome! Definitely some precautions to take when wheeling solo, but can still have quite a bit of fun! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I think there might be a few trips planned for this year, but don't remember off the top of my head.

Reactions: IronRangeOverland

IronRangeOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

St Paul, MN, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Sassenberg
Member #

Sounds good, I just got into a job that schedules me 8 days off In a row every month. Definitely looking forward to spending the time off outdoors and in the Jeep. Do the groups in MN primarily do trail runs and day trips? Or are there camping trips?

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Sounds good, I just got into a job that schedules me 8 days off In a row every month. Definitely looking forward to spending the time off outdoors and in the Jeep. Do the groups in MN primarily do trail runs and day trips? Or are there camping trips?
There are both. Sometimes it's just day trips, other times it's overnight or longer trips.

Reactions: IronRangeOverland